Four men had a dream poll

Jamie0202

How many titles?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many titles will we sing about next season?

• 54 titles
    • 55 titles

Assuming we win the third division (lets not be arrogant because we've won hee haw yet), how many titles will we sing about in the song? It's a question we're going to have to answer because we can't have half the support singing 54 and the other half singing 55.

I'll start the voting. I vote for 55 for the reason that the players will have earned it over a full season and it wouldn't sit right with me discrediting a league which welcomed us in with open arms.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be 54 as in 54 Scottish League Championships. It may be a few years but 55 will be the greatest of all when it comes. Hopefully by then the SPL will be gone and the top tier will be the Premier Division of the SFL minus a couple of those clubs from the North East - who at best will be playing amateur football.

Think we should keep it at 54 only reason being its not the top division , imo it would be a red neck to sing 55 and before a get ripped a new erse ,,, cmon tae fuck elgin , annan , east stirling no exactly hard to win a leauge way that mince in it

Although I agree it should remain as 54....this kind of disrespectful attitude is all wrong...you can only beat what's in front of you and for some if these guys it may be the first professional trophy they have won.

i dont understand why people think we should simply forget the lower league titles. im not embarrassed about where we are, i will be proud when we win the 3rd division title. everyone can sing '54 titles and 3 SFL titles' if they want, i will be singing 57

the people saying we shouldn't recognise these titles will also probably say that they will follow Rangers everywhere. so why don't you want to remember these successes? are we that 'big' that we only celebrate top flight titles?

i dont understand why people think we should simply forget the lower league titles. im not embarrassed about where we are, i will be proud when we win the 3rd division title. everyone can sing '54 titles and 3 SFL titles' if they want, i will be singing 57

Definitely not forgotten. They will take their place on our honours list along with all the other trophies. However, our world record is due to our 54 Scottish League Championships, which is champions of Scotland and therefore top-tier.

It's a tricky one. The song is based on the record 54 top flight titles, and it is an official World Record. I don't know if we could honestly sing 55. Some will, and their entitled to but I think officially it would need to be recognised as "55 titles" for the song to be changed.

Winning the third division doesn't really count as being Champions of Scotland. Don't get me wrong, it will be a magnificent achievement for many of these younger guys, and McCoist to have guided them to it. For many of the senior players though it will merely be one step forward in the long journey and as much as they'll enjoy it their focus will firmly be on getting back to the top flight and collecting Scottish Title number 55 for themselves and the Club.

1 SFL title, we'll still carry on :uk:. And on the topic of SFL competitions, next year we MUST collect the Challenge Cup. Looking back it's ridiculous we didn't reach the final this year.

If you can not celebrate winning any title, you should follow another sport.

ofcourse we'll celebrate but this isn't a "title" in the context of the song.

in the context fo the song is how many times we have been champions of this country.

if it was just "titles" then i think 115 would be more apt as thats how many major honours (leagues, cups, leagues cups + european cups) we have.

the people saying we shouldn't recognise these titles will also probably say that they will follow Rangers everywhere. so why don't you want to remember these successes? are we that 'big' that we only celebrate top flight titles?

No one is saying we aren't going to recognise them. I will be very proud to add these to the collection. This is the only chane we will ever get to win these trophies, and once we have, we'll be the only team in scotland to win every division. Hopefully get a challenge cup along the way to complete the full set. But these are just divisions, they aren't league titles, so we cant add them to the 54.