Rangers Sign McCulloch

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gers Agree Lee Deal

LEE McCULLOCH is set to become Walter Smith's eighth summer signing after Rangers successfully agreed a deal with Wigan today.

Walter Smith tried to capture the Scotland star in the January window but is now close to finally completing the transfer of the former Motherwell man who can play up front or on the left side of midfield.

McCulloch will now meet Rangers officials to discuss personal terms and if everything goes smoothly he will join the squad on the pre-season trip to Germany.

MORE ON THIS STORY LATER

Must admit I'm don't think we should be paying £2million for the likes of McCulloch. I'd have thought there were better players for that money out there but as Sebo showed last season, that's not always the case.

McCulloch will bring a bit of physical presence to the team and considering the number of times teams battered through us last season (until Weir arrived to help), bringing in him to play up front or in a wider, deeper role isn't that bad an idea.

Let's wait until the end of the season before we judge his contribution.

I seen it on RM latest news, went on the RFC official site, clenched my fist briefly and came to write this.

I think it will be a good signing, another piece of the jigsaw.

at least hes a Bluenose ...no one seems that enthusiastic but we'll give him a chance!

:unsure: whipser it but I'm enthusiatic about this signing!

You probably saw more of him than we did matey - i only saw him in a Scotland jersey to be fair. But like i said, he will get my full support while in our jersey - and Ill reserve judgement on him until he's been here a while (tu)

at least hes a Bluenose ...no one seems that enthusiastic but we'll give him a chance!

You probably saw more of him than we did matey - i only saw him in a Scotland jersey to be fair. But like i said, he will get my full support while in our jersey - and Ill reserve judgement on him until he's been here a while (tu)

I understand why so few rate him as I am yet to see him have a good game for Scotland and that seems to be what most are judging him on.

Garuntee you his work rate, commitment and knack of scoring important goals will win over a lot of doubters....I hope :craphead:

meh

i suppose he needs a chance

i just dont understand the logic in signing him though

Agreed. I have the same feeling about McC as I did (and do) about Webster - a pointless signing and I don't believe he is good enough.

As soon as he signs on the dotted line though, he is a Rangers player, and gets every chance to prove me wrong (tu)

That is exactly what both Thomson and Hutton have done. So Webster and McC can do the same.

yeah we have to give him a chance....he handled the Premiership so theoretically he should be good enough

I think the main reasons are because he's strong, versatile, expereinced, is a grafter and works hard for his team (tu)

He adds another dimension to our squad and we have lacked that for years!

what dimension does he bring that we have lacked for years?

He's scored goals in important games in England and been a fixture in the Premiership (and Championship) for the last 4/5 years. Plus, he WANTS to play for us. He is one of us.

People need to realise that we are building a squad, not a first 11. He might not be able to fit in a place naturally at the moment, but as the season goes on and people get suspended, injured and/or tired, this big squad we're building will do us good.