Strikers

I honestly believe most (barring Miller) played in their correct position would score 20+ goals for us in a season. My worry is no striker will be given a chance to do so. If things remain the same after the window closes we'll have the following "Strikers".

• Boyd - Goes without saying, will score more than 20+
  • Velicka - He knows where the net is
  • Cousin - Same as above
  • JCD - If he can last 90 mins, I'm sure he's score plenty
  • Novo - Already proven when played up front he'll score plenty
  • Lafferty - Jury's out but if played up front I'm confident he's do well in the SPL
  • Naismith - Albiet out injured he's shown for Killie played in his correct position he'll score plenty
  • Miller - No comment
Will any striker be given a run of more than 2 games in a row up front under Walter? I doubt it, which means no Striker will have a real chance to excel.

I honestly believe most (barring Miller) played in their correct position would score 20+ goals for us in a season. My worry is no striker will be given a chance to do so. If things remain the same after the window closes we'll have the following "Strikers".
  • Boyd - Goes without saying, will score more than 20+
  • Velicka - He knows where the net is
  • Cousin - Same as above
  • JCD - If he can last 90 mins, I'm sure he's score plenty
  • Novo - Already proven when played up front he'll score plenty
  • Lafferty - Jury's out but if played up front I'm confident he's do well in the SPL
  • Naismith - Albiet out injured he's shown for Killie played in his correct position he'll score plenty
  • Miller - No comment
Will any striker be given a run of more than 2 games in a row up front under Walter? I doubt it, which means no Striker will have a real chance to excel.

mhisser will be consistently played before anyother striker

Boyd - Hopefully used as a bit part player but will always score you goals when played against the lesser teams.

Velicka - Hopefully given a fair chance. Decent scoring record in the SPL. Whether he will feature much is another question?

Cousin - Hopefully sold.

JCD - He is pish.

Novo - Can see him being used all over the place. Still guarantee you goals.

Lafferty - Dont have a clue where he'll play tbh?

Naismith - Dont see him featuring at all, unless it's out wide.

Miller - Couldn't score in a barrel of fannies.

Going by doing what you're paid for, Boyd should start any SPL game when fit.

Velicka, i think will do well as a partner for Boyd.

Cousin, get rid if possible.

Lafferty honestly have no clue, Smith does like to play a target man in left mid though.

JCD Impact player.

Novo will do a job played up front or wide.

Miller R.I.P.

Lafferty honestly have no clue, Smith does like to play a target man in left mid though.

JCD Impact player.

Miller R.I.P.

A Velicka and Boyd partnership would be absolutley terrible (td)

JCD Impact player.

Miller R.I.P.

Apparentley, they've linked up well.

JCD Impact player.

Miller R.I.P.

Neither of them can create something from nothing, without service.

And given our dire midfield at the moment, I doubt they'll get that.

JCD Impact player.

Miller R.I.P.

Against the better teams, I agree. Maybe they could do well against the bottom 6.

JCD Impact player.

Miller R.I.P.

Against the better teams, I agree. Maybe they could do well against the bottom 6.

Any of our strikers will score against the bottom 6.

Not really much of an accolade IMO.

JCD Impact player.

Miller R.I.P.

Any of our strikers will score against the bottom 6.

Not really much of an accolade IMO.

I don't mean just scoring, I mean linking up and showing signs of being an effective partnership.

It hard to say out of that lot who will be able to perform and do job for us, but in the end it all comes down to Smith!

Naw it doesn't.

It comes down to whoever is picked to play. If a striker doesn't perform, it's not Walter's fault.

It hard to say out of that lot who will be able to perform and do job for us, but in the end it all comes down to Smith!

Naw it doesn't.

It comes down to whoever is picked to play. If a striker doesn't perform, it's not Walter's fault.

Well Miller will never get a game then or shouldn't. Cousin wasn't performing for lot of games last season yet Walter continued to pick him!

It comes down to formations, who's fit, ect. There are your types like Boyd who rely on service and others like Cousins when he decides to turn up and play who can create for himself!

Naw it doesn't.

Well Miller will never get a game then or shouldn't. Cousin wasn't performing for lot of games last season yet Walter continued to pick him!

It comes down to formations, who's fit, ect. There are your types like Boyd who rely on service and others like Cousins when he decides to turn up and play who can create for himself!

Just you shut it.

Or I will tombstone your ass.

Naw it doesn't.

Just you shut it.

How about naw!

Naw it doesn't.

Just you shut it.

How about naw!

Hows about 490950006_b41363260d_m.jpg

Naw it doesn't.

Just you shut it.

How about naw!

Naw, make me!

Naw it doesn't.

Just you shut it.

How about naw!

Naw, make me!

Maybe later :P

Back to the orginal point of the thread. There would seem there is no way under Walter and his tinkering with the 4-5-1 and the 4-3-3 (with wingers) that any striker will be given the chance of a run of games even though quite a few are capable of topping the scorring charts if played week in week out.

That's annoying. :angry2: