***The Official Rangers v Inverness CT Thread***

Muff

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Aaron or Fleck are up against Tokely the game plan is simple, get the ball out left.

He is quite possibly the worst defender in the SPL. They will tear him apart down there. But Walter might favour Lafferty for his height :rolleyes:

Could be worse, it could be McCulloch...

Infact it probably would be :anguish:

I was telling the girlfriend this last night, even though she didn't seem to care

Fuck sake man, do something else with your bird :D

Could be worse, it could be McCulloch...

Infact it probably would be

Just as well he is injured. He would have been a cert to play there.

Aaron must play against Ross Tokely.

I was telling the girlfriend this last night, even though she didn't seem to care :pipe:

I kinda agree in principle, then again, the guy may well just lump him into row z, which would not be good

I really dislike Tokely and players of his ilk

I was telling the girlfriend this last night, even though she didn't seem to care :pipe:

I kinda agree in principle, then again, the guy may well just lump him into row z, which would not be good

Even Beasley would be good. He gets kicked a lot, but he's usually straight back up.

He murdered Tokely on his debut for us in the 3-0 game.

No doubt Wally will play someone like Lafferty out on the left as he adds 'height'.

That's pointless against Tokely, but you can see Smith doing it.

He's no better than you or me in terms of being a footballer, but his size and strength makes him pretty decent in the air.

Even Beasley would be good. He gets kicked a lot, but he's usually straight back up.

He murdered Tokely on his debut for us in the 3-0 game.

Aye, he did right enough, DMB has a bit more experience though. I know Aaron does, but, I also still have this thought that (and i hope this doesnt happen), he might do a Lee Martin, and, if crunched early doors, vanish for the rest of the game, OR, get a really bad injury

No doubt Wally will play someone like Lafferty out on the left as he adds 'height'.

That's pointless against Tokely, but you can see Smith doing it.

He's no better than you or me in terms of being a footballer, but his size and strength makes him pretty decent in the air.

Could get him some stilts?

Wally's reason for playing Lafferty on the left yesterday was because he added height - sorry but that was the last thing we needed yesterday. Had someone who possessed a bit of pace, width, ability and delivery played out there, we would of had the game wrapped up by half time. Kyle Lafferty is not known for his aerial ability so fuck knows what went through Wally's head with that decision?

Tokeley is a physical player, I wouldn't be suprised to see Steven Whittaker on the left.

I can't fathom why so many people are picking an out of form Boyd, purely on the basis that he might score.

Well my friend, unless you can tell us who WILL score on Wednesday, id be interested to know on what other basis we'd pick our strikers other than the belief they might score

Wally's reason for playing Lafferty on the left yesterday was because he added height - sorry but that was the last thing we needed yesterday. Had someone who possessed a bit of pace, width, ability and delivery played out there, we would of had the game wrapped up by half time. Kyle Lafferty is not known for his aerial ability so fuck knows what went through Wally's head with that decision?

Tokeley is a physical player, I wouldn't be suprised to see Steven Whittaker on the left.

Fleck or Aaron must be brought back against them - we're at home and looking to rack up a few goals - surely Watty realises that!! :rolleyes:

I can't fathom why so many people are picking an out of form Boyd, purely on the basis that he might score.

Boyd is a goal threat all the time

Hardly. He's in a run of bad form at the moment, and his attitude yesterday seemed even worse than usual. Lafferty and Miller should start up front.

I think this could be a sticky game. Inverness seem to be playing better, they have a bit of belief, are now only 2 points behind Falkirk and have nothing to lose. If we don't go out and show how much we want the league then we could easily drop points, especially if we switch off which we always do.

Our management has to get the personnel right, they players have to turn up, be up for it, put in a performance and take their chances. None of this huffing and puffing and failing to finish off games.

This is the part of the season where true Champions show their colours.

I think this could be a sticky game. Inverness seem to be playing better, they have a bit of belief, are now only 2 points behind Falkirk and have nothing to lose. If we don't go out and show how much we want the league then we could easily drop points, especially if we switch off which we always do.

Our management has to get the personnel right, they players have to turn up, be up for it, put in a performance and take their chances. None of this huffing and puffing and failing to finish off games.

This is the part of the season where true Champions show their colours.

its going to be a tough game, butcher has got them playing a lot better than they had been at the start of the season. We should still be strong enough to win but we have to start taking more of our chances and pushing to the last minute. No more of this we are 2-0 up lets sit back. Get right into them and pound them for 90mins.

Boyd is a goal threat all the time

Hardly. He's in a run of bad form at the moment, and his attitude yesterday seemed even worse than usual. Lafferty and Miller should start up front.

I suppose, we are in a situation at the moment, where he is pretty much the only player on the books with some kind of previous form/history of scoring regularly. Miller may score, but, cant be relied upon, Lafferty hasnt proved himself yet, Naismith still coming back from injury, Novo injured (and inconsistant as well it has t be said), so, until we see more from the other players, its a fair shout to suggest Boyd, regardless of his shortcomings/flaws.

I have been thinking about this recently actually, and, its long time since I can remember Rangers having no more than 1 player that could be relied upon to score consistantly. Normally, we would be in a position where if boyd (or player x) wasnt scoring, then, someone else would be, especially from midfield (Albertz, De Boer, Reyna, Ferguson etc etc) but, we seem to be reliant on the strikers doing it, because others arent, or at least, arent often enough.

I personally would have expected more goals by now from Davis, Mendes and Ferguson (wasnt yesterdays goal his first of the season? Thats poor), and also from CBs at set pieces, because, we are quite toothless.

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:davis: :edu: :ferguson: :lafferty:

:boyd: :miller:

I don't think Walter will change from the team that beat Hamilton.

Another Massive must win game like they all are, til the end of the season.

In the pishy league we play in, Boyd, Miller, Lafferty, Mendes, Davis and Ferguson should all have more goals.

Ferguson has 1 goal.

Mendes has 2 goals.

Davis has 5 goals.

Not good enough, although Mendes, Miller and Davis have 16 assists between them.

Miller has 51 shots, 28 on target and converted 9 of them. Boyd has had 89 shots, 49 on target and 21 goals. Pedro Mendes has had 44 shots and hit the target 25 times, he should be scoring more goals and getting shots off.

My team :

-------------------------------------------------- McGregor --------------------------------------------------

Broadfoot ---------------------- Bougherra -------------------- Weir ------------------------------ Papac

----------------------------------------------------- Edu ------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------- Ferguson ----------------------------------------------------

Davis --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Aaron

--------------------------------------------- Boyd -------- Lafferty -------------------------------------------

That team would rip Inverness a new arsehole. If this team plays ;

Rangers 5 - 0 ICT

Ferguson

Boyd (2)

Lafferty

Aaron

Walter's team:

-------------------------------------------------- McGregor --------------------------------------------------

Broadfoot ---------------------- Bougherra -------------------- Weir ------------------------------ Papac

----------------------------------------------------- Edu ------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------- Ferguson ----------------------------------------------------

Davis ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lafferty

--------------------------------------------- Boyd -------- Mhiller -------------------------------------------

If this team plays ;

Rangers 2 - 0 ICT

Boyd

Ferguson