Boyd has to be dropped

Columbo

Kris Boyd plays for one simple reason and one reason only and that's because he provides goals. He is useless at everthing else. I'm a defender of Boyd and I don't think he was entirely responsible for the midweek result against Inverness but if you ask me he simply has to be dropped. I believe he has to be dropped because he hasn't been doing what he normal does so well, he hasn't been scoring goals.

In the last five games he's played

Dundee Utd (H)- No goals, Forfar (A)- No goals, Kilmarnock (H)- 1 goal, Hamilton (A)- no goals, Inverness (H)- no goals.

When Boyd doesn't score he doesn't contribute it's that simple and to be honest he's not been scoring against the teams like Hamilton and Inverness which he usually scores for fun against. A change has to be made and in my mind it's about time that Kyle Lafferty was given his chance up front. I honestly believe that a Miller/Lafferty formation can work and if you ask me it's time for Walter to test it this sunday. One of Miller's best games this season came against Celtic in August during our 4-2 victory and that's because Cousin was playing. Lafferty is the closest player we have who is of similiar mould to Cousin and with Miller and Lafferty up front we will have pace which will be perfect for Mendes's creativity because I am tired of watching Mendes play perfect balls to Boyd which he doesn't have the legs to get.

But will he? No he won't. He simply doesn't have the bottle to drop Boyd.

I agree on the most part,i'd play Kyle and Kenny,Boyd can fuck off out the team atm,but i disagree when you say he doesen't have the bottle,i think he does,and hope he does drop him because Boyd has been playing fucking shite it's not good enough.

I'd drop Misser and play Boyd and Lafferty up front.

We frankly need a new striker albeit Walter bought three in the Summer to add to Boyd, Naismith and Novo.

NONE are good enough.

Walter may be able to spot a CH but is clueless at finding a striker.

HTF we offered only 300K or so for MacDonald and then let CFC get him for 500K is another sad tale of Walter and strikers.

Motherwell wouldn't have sold MacDonald regardless of what we had offered because they had already sold Richie Foran to Southend during that window.

We could, and probably should, have gone back in for him in the Summer but we didn't

Celtic bought him in January, he joined them in the summer, we still could have had him if we offered the money

Motherwell wouldn't have sold MacDonald regardless of what we had offered because they had already sold Richie Foran to Southend during that window.

We could, and probably should, have gone back in for him in the Summer but we didn't

Fair comment but yes we should have gone back for him.

Lets see 1m for Velicka? 3.5m for Lafferty? 2m for Misser? vs 500k for McDonald. Great going Walter!!

Fair comment but yes we should have gone back for him.

Lets see 1m for Velicka? 3.5m for Lafferty? 2m for Misser? vs 500k for McDonald. Great going Walter!!

It really was terrible business :anguish:

The problem we have is that neither Miller or Lafferty are proven goalscorers. Actually both have proved to be somewhat suspect in front of goals in their careers. I know Lafferty hasnt had much of an oppertunity up front with us yet, but do we really want to try an untested partnership at such a crucial time in the season. Possibly Walt could give them a chance in the cup game this weekend and see how it goes. I am a big Boyd supporter and I agree that he has had a dip in form recently (although to be fair so has the majority of the first team with out Pedro). If we had a decent replacement then I would agree at dropping Boyd, but the simple truth is we dont have replacement strikers who are capable of sticking the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis. Possibly Novo when fit could replace Boyd, but again Novo\Lafferty or Novo\Miller would be an untested partnership. I think our best chance of the title is to get some natural width into the team so hopefully that more quality chances would be created. I would put Davis and Mendes in the middle, with Arron and Fleck on the wings.

boyd has been rubbish since the transfer window closed!! about time he got booted up the arse.

its alright him coming out and saying "its celtic's title to lose"

what kinda thing is that to say, then what happens we get beat off caley at ibrox and boyd makes no really attempt to score except that feble header in the 2nd half!!!

time he was dropped!!

I'd drop Misser and play Boyd and Lafferty up front.

We frankly need a new striker albeit Walter bought three in the Summer to add to Boyd, Naismith and Novo.

NONE are good enough.

Walter may be able to spot a CH but is clueless at finding a striker.

HTF we offered only 300K or so for MacDonald and then let CFC get him for 500K is another sad tale of Walter and strikers.

We had a deal agreed with McDonald, but Celtic stole in at the last minute and offered him double the wages.

I know the girl he was going out with at the time pretty well and this is what happened.

Half his family are big bluenoses as well, regardless of what the papers said.