Lack of quality worrying Mowbray

West Bromwich Albion boss Tony Mowbray admits some of his players may not be good enough to ultimately keep the club in the Premier League.

Their defensive frailties were again exposed in their 3-1 defeat by Arsenal as they stayed bottom of the table.

"Maybe the quality of the footballer at the club isn't at the required standard yet," Mowbray told BBC WM.

"Mentality is the big, big thing. Maybe I've got to take portions of the blame. Did we bring the right quality in?"

Albion have conceded 20 goals in their last six games and Mowbray admits he is starting to feel a little helpless in trying to get the best out of his defenders.

"We're not giving ourselves a chance. It's hugely frustrating because it's not as if we don't spend time on getting the marking positions and the responsibilities of who's doing what," he said.

"But, come matchday, another goal goes in and another individual sits with his head hung in the dressing room.

"Most of the players here are technically gifted enough to play in the Premier League and, occasionally, they show that.

"That's the frustration. Over the recent weeks, I've left people out for costing us goals and yet the goals keep going."

With more crucial games to come at The Hawthorns against teams around them in the table, Mowbray knows how vital it is to keep the home fans on their side.

"I do feel for the crowd. They create a fantastic atmosphere (but) we generally let them down," he said.

"There doesn't appear to be mass dissention at the moment but that won't last forever. I'm sure the supporters know that when the likes of Stoke and Bolton come to The Hawthorns they expect us to win and, with their support, we can."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ion/7924519.stm