*** The Official PreMatch Analysis***

nvager

Rangers vs Hamilton Accies. at Ibrox Stadium on Sunday March 8, 2009. Quarter Final of the Scottish Cup. Kick-Off 3:00 PM

Well last week we scraped a 1-0 win at Hamilton and on Wednesday fell to a 1-0 defeat by Inverness CT at Ibrox. What next?

Frankly who knows? The good news is that Pedro Mendes who missed the aforementioned games may well be fit for Sunday. I for one hope so.

Boy were we poor against Inverness on Wednesday. It was a really sad night. Is our squad deep enough that we can make many changes to freshen us up?

Not really. Mendes definitely. The rest - not so obvious.

We have a problem with players being played out of position and others just either off form or not good enough. Players strolling through games rather than playing full out. Perhaps after our European run last season some players think they are better than they really are? They got a rude awakening on Wednesday and should be pumped up for this game. Big Time!!

We lack flair and ingenuity and an ability to do most basic things well. We are shot shy too. Mendes and sometimes Davis and Ferguson can execute a good through ball but that is it.

We lack wingers. We have only two in Beasley and Aaron but Walter rarely plays them. We badly need them to be played and for them to perform. Davis, Broadfoot, Papac, Fleck, Lafferty, Naismith, Miller etc. are NOT wingers. Hopefully Walter can see this now.

Miller and Boyd are off form. Lafferty should get a try up front with someone. The sad thing is that despite spending 6m+ on strikers we really do not have a good mobile one. They all have big deficiencies.

Well what will Ally/Walter do?

It is hard to say. Defensively - nothing really. Whittaker may play at right back, but that is not certain.

In midfield I would like to see Aaron or Beasley start on the wing or both start with Davis/Ferguson and Mendes in the other positions.

Up front it is Lafferty and Boyd for me, but I recognize that Boyd has been off form recently.

We must win this game and score a few goals to give us a boost before the League Cup final in a week's time.

The score? Rangers to win 4-1. Surely we will get a reaction after Wednesday.