Do you think if we shipped out Boyd & Barry

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the summer Boyd will be gone. He is such an enigmatic figure and although a lot of supporters love him, just as many dislike him. His goals can be replaced, no one is bigger than Rangers and if we got offered similar cash in the summer for Boyd I would take it. Barry as getting back to his best now by the looks of things so heres hoping he can drive us forward int he late stages of the season.

It will be intresting so see how Barry plays when Mendes is back tommorow.

I agree because Barry has been playin better the last 2 games when Mendes was out since we had Edu sitting. Even though we got beat from ICT Barry was the best Rangers player probably which is a change because he has been murder lately

The reason I asked the question was because both players slow the game down.

Ferguson with his 'everything must go through me' attitude and back and sidewards passes, and Boyd with his constant dives and getting caught offside all the feckin time.

It hardly augurs well for fast attacking attractive football and both of them would command a reasonable fee which could both ease the debt and buy another prolific SPL striker. (which Boyd is)

If we replaced them with nothing then who knows if we'd be better, but if, as would happen in reality, we brought somebody else in within the confines of our limited finances and assuming they were of a standard similar to some of the signings we've recently made (Mendes, Bougherra, Davis, etc) we'd be a much better team. Of course we might replace them with a couple of Lafferty-esque signings, but I'd take that risk to be shot of two players I've given up on. One is nothing better than a mediocre midfielder backed up by past reputations (capable of some good games, not capable of consistently dictating the play and holding the midfield together week in week out) the other is an effective goalscorer who decimates any attempt to play possession football with his lack of ability and whose notion of "holding the ball up" begins and ends with falling over and looking for a free kick (he's not even very good at that). Get rid and move on please - at least future signings are an unknown quantity.

In the Summer we should punt them both, it's a myth we can't do without these 2 players.

agreed

put 2 attack minded players out wide, who can actually cross the fucking ball into the box, for all we know lafferty may score some goals if he doesnt have to chase out wide to receive piss poor passes

mendes with davis or edu in CM, and mendes would be far better, look how good mendes was when thomson was happy just to break up opponents attacks and give him the ball

Barry and Mendes were just starting to lnik well in midfield before Mendes got injured. I reckon they can be a good combination for us.

Boyd, well he's Boyd, he'll never change. He's a great player to have in the squad. A guy that can play in a certain system when its required.

If a decent offer comes in for ANY of our players they will be off i the summer.

The original question is hard to answer as, would we be better if we had two wingers playing with Barry in the middle and Boyd up front? It really depends on how the team is set up.

If we sold Boyd and Barry the title race would be over by now. Boyd is the only 20 goal a season striker we have - if it wasn't for him this season we would be a good 10 points+ worse off.

Disagree with that - 6 of his goals have been penalties remember.

or would we be 10 points behind with everyone slating the manager for selling one of our best midfieldera and our top goal scorer!!!

Considering we have ... Mendes, Edu, Thomson, Davis ... I'd say Barry is now our worst Midfielder.

or would we be 10 points behind with everyone slating the manager for selling one of our best midfieldera and our top goal scorer!!!

Considering we have ... Mendes, Edu, Thomson, Davis ... I'd say Barry is now our worst Midfielder.

I suspect that if we had a midfield of Xabi Alonso, Carrick and Lampard BP9 would still swear blind Ferguson was our best player.

I hope Ferguson gets crocked when Thomson regains fitness. Cancer on the team.

Boyd would've been shown up as useless at Birmingham. And remember he contributed nothing to us getting to a European final.

Boyd would've been shown up as useless at Birmingham. And remember he contributed nothing to us getting to a European final.

You'll get slaughtered for that.

But, it has got to the point where fans feel like a senior player needs to pick up a bad injury before a promising youngster gets a run in the team. And that's a sad stage to be at!

You'll get slaughtered for that.

But, it has got to the point where fans feel like a senior player needs to pick up a bad injury before a promising youngster gets a run in the team. And that's a sad stage to be at!

I hate for any of our players to pick up a Injury, but it a great point.

Now that is a step too far :anguish:

If we sold Boyd and Barry the title race would be over by now. Boyd is the only 20 goal a season striker we have - if it wasn't for him this season we would be a good 10 points+ worse off.

That's just not true.

Boyd is one of the main reasons why we are struggling at Hamilton, Losing to ICT etc etc

We are playing a man down most games and if you cant see that your eyes must be painted on.

Add a footballer to the team and we would have a better chance of winning every week as 11 vs 11 Rangers should be able to beat any team in the SPL.