Are you an objective or a subjective Rangers fan?

Tontospal

As I've got older I've definitely become more able to watch and comment on Rangers in a more objective manner.

In years gone by this was certainly not the case and on many occasions I have defended Rangers or individual players through my heart ruling my head.

Although some of Hartson's comments were OTT there was much truth in some of what he said. Whilst I can see that now I can also understand why so many posters tore in to Hartson, particularly given his past.

Supporting a football club is all about emotion, passion and loyalty and unfortunately the quartet is generally complemented by subjectivity (or a lack of objectivity) and for me this is the main reason we are in such a mess on and off the pitch.

Very objective.

I wish other posters could say the same when it comes to certain subjects though.

Always?

There are still occasions when I reflect on things I've thought/said/posted and realised that I wasn't being very objective at all.

What do you honestly think about the current manager, coaches and players?

Very objective.

I wish other posters could say the same when it comes to certain subjects though.

Always?

There are still occasions when I reflect on things I've thought/said/posted and realised that I wasn't being very objective at all.

As GCL says, it's a hard thing to judge. As daft as it sounds, I know myself quite well and I could probably do with being less objective when it comes to the Rangers.

I was cried a tim regularly on here when I joined, simply because I wasn't willing to accept everything about Rangers was brilliant and correct.

The current coaching staff are completely uninspiring to me. I hate Strachan, but at least he knows when to change it, when to go for it and has the willingness to drop his 'star' players when they're off form.

A combination of the above would have helped us this year.

Asking people to judge if they are subjective or objective is a difficult thing to do. As this thread has, and will, show people are just not that self aware to make that call.......

That was something I was hoping would form part of the debate.

Supporting a football team is like loving a wife/husband (or civil partner seeing as we are an uber PC club!).

How many people do you know that are devoted to an 'ugly partner' but to them they are the most beautiful person in the world - they just don't see what everyone else sees.

Very objective.

Always?

As GCL says, it's a hard thing to judge. As daft as it sounds, I know myself quite well and I could probably do with being less objective when it comes to the Rangers.

I was cried a tim regularly on here when I joined, simply because I wasn't willing to accept everything about Rangers was brilliant and correct.

The current coaching staff are completely uninspiring to me. I hate Strachan, but at least he knows when to change it, when to go for it and has the willingness to drop his 'star' players when they're off form.

A combination of the above would have helped us this year.

That my friend is the problem with Rangers.

We are in the minority and Rangers will remain a shambles on and off the park until the majority recognise that accepting and acting upon constructive criticism is the only way anything ever improves.

Asking people to judge if they are subjective or objective is a difficult thing to do. As this thread has, and will, show people are just not that self aware to make that call.......

That was something I was hoping would form part of the debate.

Supporting a football team is like loving a wife/husband (or civil partner seeing as we are an uber PC club!).

How many people do you know that are devoted to an 'ugly partner' but to them they are the most beautiful person in the world - they just don't see what everyone else sees.

I think none of us can say we are completely objective we all have our favourites and weaknesses and everything we decide is fromed from our opinions, not always cold hard facts (especially as it's a football team wre are talking about)

I totally disagree with papaguy51 , as i do on many subjects ;) , about strachan and his apparent ability to change a game, his feeling about strachan isn't from being objective as it isn't based in fact it's born out of opinion

An interesting point though mate

I totally disagree with papaguy51 , as i do on many subjects ;) , about strachan and his apparent ability to change a game, his feeling about strachan isn't from being objective as it isn't based in fact it's born out of opinion

It's just a quick example GCL, of another manager in a similar position.

I don't want to compare him to Mourinho or Sir Alex, because that's daft.

But surely you acknowledge that, especially in the CL at home, Celtic's willingness to go all out attack has worked well for them, as did the decision to drop McGeady/Samaras at the slightest drop in form?

I'd still have Walter every single second of every single day of the week, but I was just trying to make the case for why he could be a tad more expansive in his thinking.

But surely you acknowledge that, especially in the CL at home, Celtic's willingness to go all out attack has worked well for them, as did the decision to drop McGeady/Samaras at the slightest drop in form?

I'd still have Walter every single second of every single day of the week, but I was just trying to make the case for why he could be a tad more expansive in his thinking.

Interesting but in all honesty, whilst I despise Strachan as a person, I don't rate either as a good manager.

Indeed both sides are extremely limited and have struggled against the 'lesser' sides domestically this season despite having far greater resources to work with.

The facts speak for themself in that Strachan has won 3 titles in a row but we all know that is more an indicator of how bad Barry and his pals have been and their abject failure to win the title.

Good managers and coaches do 90% of their work outside of the 90/120 minutes of actual playing time each week.

The quality of players and teams is representative of the work they do each week on the training field and both sides often resemble teams of amateurs who have met up in a pub on the morning of a game.

Interesting but in all honesty, whilst I despise Strachan as a person, I don't rate either as a good manager.

Indeed both sides are extremely limited and have struggled against the 'lesser' sides domestically this season despite having far greater resources to work with.

The facts speak for themself in that Strachan has won 3 titles in a row but we all know that is more an indicator of how bad Barry and his pals have been and their abject failure to win the title.

Good managers and coaches do 90% of their work outside of the 90/120 minutes of actual playing time each week.

The quality of players and teams is representative of the work they do each week on the training field and both sides often resemble teams of amateurs who have met up in a pub on the morning of a game.

Neither manager is brilliant, but there's a good manager in there somewhere if you combine them.