Mourinho doesn't rule out managing Man Utd

Craigy

I really can't see anyone apart from Mourinho getting the job when SAF retires.

JOSE MOURINHO has sensationally put himself in the frame to become the next manager of Manchester United.

The former Chelsea boss admits he expects to be considered when Sir Alex Ferguson finally quits Old Trafford.

Mourinho, who takes on Fergie when his Inter Milan side face United in the Champions League this week, rates himself as “one of the best managers in the world.”

And he reckons United will be unable to ignore his credentials when they begin the search for Fergie’s successor.

Mourinho’s gift for self-promotion has never been stronger as he claimed: “I have big jobs left in me that is for sure — but I can’t commit to which ones.

“If you want me to rule out ever being Manchester United manager I can’t. Special clubs need special managers so in theory it could work, but nobody knows what the future is in football.

“The England national team wanted me as coach and that is the biggest job in England, so I am sure when Sir Alex retires they will look at the best managers in the world and I certainly fall into that category.

“How much time I can’t say, Sir Alex doesn’t look like he is ready to stop. But when you are managing a winning team you don’t want to stop — and if you have health then there is no reason to.”

Opinion is mixed over Mourinho’s claims to become United manager.

Rio Ferdinand has nominated the Portuguese as the best candidate to take over from Fergie — but United legends Sir Bobby Charlton and Bryan Robson believe his brand of football would not be to everyone’s taste.

There is no immediate sign of Sir Alex stepping down from his role as United boss.

At 67, he claims his health is good enough to enable him to continue in the job, despite previous suggestions that he would quit in May 2010.

Fergie insisted this week: “You might have to carry me out. I’m not even thinking about retiring.”

Mourinho’s future at Inter was under scrutiny last week — even though his team are still clear leaders of Serie A. He has been involved in a running battle with the Italian media and told them on Friday: “In another 86 days I will leave Italy and go on holiday. Will I still be the coach of Inter? In football you never know.”

A friend of a friend thinks Moyes will take over and that he has been groomed for the hot seat since he was managing at Preston with strong links throughout his management career, how he loaned alot of Manchester United players including David Beckham and how alot of ex Manchester United players go to the teams David Moyes manages. It's a bit of a conspiracy and made me think a bit.

Despite ehat he says my money is still on Jose personally

Joesy will be the man who gets the Man Untied job. When ever that will be I dont know. Sir Alex is the best manager in the world right now and he knows it so when ever he steps downs is anybody's guess but, the special one will be the guy to TRY an replace him.

He's certainly not low on self esteem thats for sure!!!

I'd like him to manage man utd (as a man utd fan). But replacing sir Alex would be impossible - the man is a legend!

The man utd team at the moment is the strongest its ever been, certainly the best club in the world at the moment.

In my opinion Mourinho is the only one capable of following in Fergusons's footsteps at Man Utd. He has the managerial skill in abundance, and also knows how to play the mind games associated with managing one of the big 4. He is the only guy who can say he arguably got the better of Sir Alex, so I think it would be a brilliant move for both him and Man Utd.