***The Official Co-Operative Cup Final Thread***

Muff

:mcgregor:
:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:
:davis: :ferguson: :mendes: :aaron:
:miller: :lafferty:

At this moment in time I'd go with this team. A one off game so I'd rather see us go for it a bit more than play with the lone striker. The left side is a tricky one, I'd have Novo out there but not too sure if he's going to be fit to start/make the bench? There is no way you can drop Whittaker for Broadfoot.

Naismith and Beasley aren't going to start, Aaron has been more effective than Fleck and Lafferty can't play out there - I'd have him upfront anyway.

Hopefully Bougherra makes this.

Not too sure who'll have the say in the team but I reckon we'll see the 4-1-4-1 with McCulloch in the holding role with Miller in the lone role.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------:mcgregor:--------------

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

-------------:mcculloch:--------------

:davis: :mendes: :ferguson: :lafferty:

----------------:miller:----------------

That's what I think Wally would go with :anguish:

I've been very critical of Whittaker in the past, but I was delighted with the performance he put in today, so much better. However, there have been false dawns from him before, and I still believe that Broadfoot is the more sound defensively, which will be important against Celtic.

___________________________McGregor

Broadfoot__________Bougherra__________Weir__________Papac

Davis_____________Ferguson___________Mendes________Aaron

__________________Miller______________Lafferty

I would go 4-5-1 with lafferty up top.

Left wing would be the only questionable selection for me with Fleck not performing well the last time and aaron still to convince me so i would give naismith a start.

The defensive midfielder would be edu for me but i aslo feel smith will play Mcculloch , who did a great the job the last old firm game. He will need to show the level of discipline he showed at the piggery and not pittodre though.

2-0 Rangers

I thought about 4-5-1 but I'd rather we played our own game in this one than think about celtc. Their defence, especially full backs are horrific.

The only worry I have is who plays out on the left?

That`s the first step we have to take on the road to our treble.The most important step,i think.If we win this one we`ll have the confidence for the other 2 trophies. COME ON RANGERS :gerbad:

Oh,btw,my team:

McGregor

Broadfoot,Bougherra,Weir,Whittaker

Davis,Mendes,Ferguson,Aaron

Miller,Lafferty

I'd also go with the team we had today possibly with a toss up between Broadfoot/Whittaker and Aaron/Fleck. Broadfoot always seems to have McGeady in his back pocket and Im not too sure if Whittaker could handle the wee dick.

If we go 4-5-1 we will be playing into their hands and it'll end up going to penalties after 0-0. They are there for the beating and with a bit of service into the mobile Lafferty and Miller we will have this game won. We can't afford to go with Boydy IMO but I'm sure he'll make an appearance at some point.

I've been very critical of Whittaker in the past, but I was delighted with the performance he put in today, so much better. However, there have been false dawns from him before, and I still believe that Broadfoot is the more sound defensively, which will be important against Celtic.

I dont know, I think, if we go at them, we would take them, they arent defensively sound at all

I dont normally pick teams, but, i would go

____________McGregor

Whittaker__________Bougherra__________Wilson__________Wylde

__________________Fleck______________Lafferty

With fleck dropping back a bit, more a 4-4-1-1 thing.

Put Wylde in because, well, I am taking issue with Papac after today. Whats the point in having a winger if your bloody LB wont pass it to him. Makes having him there pointless, and, well, Wylde will be good! As will Wilson, and, i prefer younger players (not in the Celtic way haha)

I seem to remember Whittaker doing pretty well against them in the 2-1 game last season. He also offers a lot more in an attacking sense.

Also I think 4-4-2 might be the way to go for this one. With Miller and Boyd it didn't work, but with Lafferty and Miller, plus a more dynamic left winger than Adam, I think it would work well.

I dont know, I think, if we go at them, we would take them, they arent defensively sound at all

I dont normally pick teams, but, i would go

____________McGregor

Whittaker__________Bougherra__________Wilson__________Wylde

__________________Fleck______________Lafferty

With fleck dropping back a bit, more a 4-4-1-1 thing.

Put Wylde in because, well, I am taking issue with Papac after today. Whats the point in having a winger if your bloody LB wont pass it to him. Makes having him there pointless, and, well, Wylde will be good! As will Wilson, and, i prefer younger players (not in the Celtic way haha)

Wilson and Wylde in for an Old Firm cup final debut? <cr>

By the way, i thought Aaron done well today, i just think Beasley is the more experienced and sensible option.

This will be one of the worst cup finals ever, two shockingly bad teams with two shockingly bad managers. It'll probably be a boring 0-0 and a penalty shoot-out unless someone produces a moment of magic.

The team WILL be 4-5-1 do doubt about it, McCulloch holding midfield and Miller as the lone striker.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:davis: :ferguson: :mendes: :beasley:

:lafferty: :miller:

:beasley: :D:D:D:D:craphead: :craphead: :craphead: :craphead: :craphead: :craphead: :craphead: :craphead:

Ferguson is another worry for me.

Why?

He has been our best player in the last 3 games FFS and is better than any of septic's centre mids :scot:

Certainly wasn't our best player against Hamilton last week or today.

He struggled against celtc in the last two meetings - epescially against Scott Brown, a player I'd have over Ferguson every day of the week.