Passing football.

Despite the baltic conditions it was a pleasure to watch passing football on the deck, creating chances and getting goals as opposed to the stereotypical pass to the right for Broadfoot to mess up crosses intended for strikers who are rubbish in the air.

That's what happens when you take Broadfoot and Boyd out the team and play with a player capable of playing on the wing.

Also helps having Mendes back in there.

Although I did get frustrated with Weir and Bougherra, they resort to the long ball at times for no reason.

You could argue that with the inclusion of Lafferty and Boyd dropping out the team we were able to hold-up the ball more and keep it on the ground

I didnt see lafferty successfully holding the ball up much. It was more to do with Mendes, Whitiker and to a lesser extent Aaron I feel.

Broadfoot wasn't dropped, he has been carrying an injury so it was whitt's chance... he played well and needs a run in the team but brodfoot is preffered.......mendes was always coming in when fit....davis turned up today, UNLIKE BLUDDY WEDNESDAY!!

Pleased with Aaron....a run in the team will benefit this guy and his confidence will soar...me hopes...

Lafferrty needs to be played as a stricker and if that means boyd getting droppped, smith will...we have seen it so many times....

Look at lafferty's work rate compared to boyd's - no argument.... nobody knows if lafferty will be the real deal until next seaon when he settles in and get games reguarly.....