GB 'will enter Olympic football'

J_RFC87

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/7935233.stm

A Great Britain football team will play at the 2012 Olympics even if it is made up entirely of English players, sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe has insisted.

The Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish football associations are opposed to a joint squad in case it affects their independent national sides.

The SFA losing its sovereignty could be the best thing that happens to us, makes a British league more likely.

I can't wait to get the Team GB footy top, already excited about it. Think it will be a big seller amongst our support :pipe:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/7935233.stm

A Great Britain football team will play at the 2012 Olympics even if it is made up entirely of English players, sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe has insisted.

The Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish football associations are opposed to a joint squad in case it affects their independent national sides.

The SFA losing its sovereignty could be the best thing that happens to us, makes a British league more likely.

I can't wait to get the Team GB footy top, already excited about it. Think it will be a big seller amongst our support :pipe:

yas :pipe:

i have supported rangers all my live and i am proud to be british and scottish but i am not in favour of team gb purely because it could jepordise scottish international football.

to think of all the gers greats in the past who played for scotland and wore the jersey with pride it would sadden me to think that would come to an end.

this has more to do with labour trying to win votes in england than british pride.

if it didn't pose a threat to our own international them i would be all for it.

have to say no to team gb this time.