Kris Boyd not playing in the cup final

gers20

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard it on the radio there.

I think Boyd thinks he's a superstar and we canny handle it without him...he has to learn that Rangers are bigger than him and he needs to know his place...

Think we can safely say that Boyd will be sold in 3 months time.

Exclusive: Rangers star Kris Boyd to miss cup final after bust-up with Walter Smith

Mar 11 2009 By James Traynor

KRIS BOYD was banned from Murray Park yesterday after a bust-up with furious Rangers manager Walter Smith.

And the fallout means the Ibrox club's top scorer won't play in Sunday's Co-operative Insurance Cup Final against Celtic.

Boyd was sent home as soon as he showed up for training but not before Smith had ripped into him over of his attitude during Sunday's Homecoming Scottish Cup quarter-final against Hamilton.

No one at Rangers would confirm the confrontation but sources inside Murray Park said the striker, who has scored 24 goals this season, looked stunned and was chalk white after having been called to the manager's office.

It is believed Smith was raging at Boyd's behaviour after the team to face Hamilton had been named.

Boyd was on the bench and according to team-mates looked disinterested in the match. His behaviour was described as unacceptable as well as unprofessional.

It is believed he lashed out at a pile of boots in the dressing room when he found out he wouldn't be starting the tie.

It is also understood that while the other substitutes warmed up at half-time, Boyd stretched out on the treatment table and lay there with his hands in his pockets.

Smith allows his right-hand man Ally McCoist to deliver the team talks for cup ties but the manager wouldn't have missed Boyd's display of petulance.

And when the players, who were given Monday off, reported for training yesterday ahead of the Old Firmfinal Smith was waiting.

No one needed sophisticated listening devices to realise Boyd was given a verbal working over.

He left without a word and although no time limit has been set on the length of his ban, he is out of the final unless Rangers suffer a series of injuries between now and the Hampden showdown.

Even if Boyd swallows his pride and makes a grovelling apology the best he can hope for is a quick return to training. Even that won't happen until he learns to accept managerial decisions.

Greater respect for his teammates and much more effort are what he will need to demonstrate if he wishes to force his way back into Smith's first team plans.

Debate has raged over Boyd's merits ever since he signed from Kilmarnock almost four seasons ago and clearly the player believes he should be an automatic choice.

Smith, on the other hand, would like to see more of a contribution from his striker, who has also upset the Tartan Army by his refusal to play for Scotland while George Burley remains manager.

Yesterday, Smith faced the media for a pre-cup final briefing and revealed he would have no problem leaving out either Boyd or in-form striker Kyle Lafferty.

He said: "It won't be hard to leave out either player if it has to be done for the good of the team.

"Boyd's not an enigma in my eyes. He gets goals but other aspects of his game don't reach the same, high level as his scoring ability.

"Lafferty's ratio of goals to appearances is good and, given time, he can be a good centre forward for Rangers."

Wether Boyd has behaved like that or not, Smith is still a bad manager :craphead:

This is nothing more than the next player being forced out of the club by Smith and Murray.

Smith is a bad manager but Boyds attitude is fucking stinking. He is the only guy i know who growls even when he is celebrating a goal. On this occassion, and it does not happen a lot, Smith is right. (tu)

Thats what I like about Walter - no one is bigger than the team - I remember Souness treated McCoist with some distain and it made him a better player - I think Boyd will come out of this with all guns blazing and this will prove to be a great piece of man-management by Smith and if he doesn't shape up - his new name will be Walker!

Thats what I like about Walter - no one is bigger than the team - I remember Souness treated McCoist with some distain and it made him a better player - I think Boyd will come out of this with all guns blazing and this will prove to be a great piece of man-management by Smith and if he doesn't shape up - his new name will be Walker!

Apart from complete duds like McCulloch.

For all the stick he gets, McCulloch has hardly been a first team regular.

His attitude stinks and I hope this is the final nail in his Rangers coffin.

I've got no doubt that the usual suspects will be on defending him tooth and nail, but after the Scotland incident and now this, it's clear to see that the guy doesn't have anything like the temperament or drive to become a top-class player.

Hopefully, that's him gone. We'll find someone else to score against the dross and take the penalties, although I doubt it'll matter much as stats have shown that we score more goals as a team without Boyd in the side.

Let the ridiculous defence of this waster begin....

But he keeps getting picked on a regular basis.

He shoudln't even be anywhere near the first team.

Where are we gonna find an affordable striker who bangs in 20+ goals in a season ?

But he keeps getting picked on a regular basis.

He shoudln't even be anywhere near the first team.

He doesn't 'keep getting picked', he must have played about 4 games out of our last 20.

And as I've said before, he wasn't that bad at defensive mid.

Where are we gonna find an affordable striker who bangs in 20+ goals in a season ?

If we get £3m/£4m for Boyd, that'll easily get us the same amount of goals IF spent wisely.

Anyway, what does having a 25+ goals per season striker win you? We've had Boyd scoring that number of goals for four years and we're currently 3 points behind a Celtic team going for four in a row.

Give me four strikers that get ten goals each over one striker that gets 25.

You're having a laugh, right ?

'What use is a striker who scores 25+ goals' :anguish:

This has nothing to do with this story, I don't buy all of it but if it's true then Smith is right, but your anti-Boyd bullshit is ridiculous.

Why's it ridiculous?

Playing for Rangers should be an honour, but Kris Boyd sees it as a right. His attitude is absolutely stinking and as has been proved 100 times in the past, having the top scorer wins the team fuck all.

Not getting into this argument again. If you want to know my opinions on Boyd, just go back a few pages. Smith can see exactly what I can see in the guy and it appears that it's coming to the fore.