OFCOM letters

Chef

has anyone had a reply with regards to this trivial and somewhat small incident which happened on 23,12,08 on bbc 2.

i say it is small but in recent times i feel there has been a bias within the bbc regarding both sides of the old firm, i hold my hands up and say i was one who asked offcom to review these matters and to ensure that these comments made were justified, i myself have no problem being called a h**, and i also call my friends fenian bastards, its banter. but this wasnt the issue for me, the main reason is i feel there is a bias and it has to be highlighted.

my reply from offcom is pretty much in favour of the bbc on this, and they have highlighted the facts as follows, ian patison is the show writer and is a passionate rangers fan, also brian pettifer aka (andra) is a season ticket holder with our great club, it is taken as a joke and light humou. due to the context of the word h** and the context it was used they feel with a character like rab c, he can use these words as his character likes to look down on people and the word h** is used in this respects.

other reasons for the allowal were the time of the programming, there were 67 complaints in total.

well if they do they do, ihave said i dont really have a problem with being called a h** and that it has to be noted about some of the bias in the bbc. i know there are people who oppose it but we get nowhere without moving forward, rangers fans seem to get the sharp end when it comes to the scottish media, sorry mate i never seen yer post

well if they do they do, ihave said i dont really have a problem with being called a h** and that it has to be noted about some of the bias in the bbc. i know there are people who oppose it but we get nowhere without moving forward, rangers fans seem to get the sharp end when it comes to the scottish media, sorry mate i never seen yer post

No problem. I hold the same stance as you. I contacted them to see what their reply would be.

Could have guessed really.