Love to get hold of a striker that would bully them at the back

cnicholl2910

Just sitting wondering how we will play against them at the back with what we put up front..... thinking we can get at the with fast pace and passing amongst their back four and get in behind them..... but was thinking of how cousin bullied them a few times home and away..... would love to have an attacker week in week out starter in the mould of big duncan ferguson.... hateley too... Mcmanus and Caldwell hate it!! Would love to have a player like that again, somebody they will actually fear playing against.. I know the below are mostly fouls and red cards but somebody who gets whacked into them every time and shows them not one ounce of respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnPGV9f0F8A...feature=related

A stricker?

typing fast incase the boss catches me!!

You don't make it quicker by adding letters :rolleyes:

:lol:

The Celtic defence do not like to be bullied. Boyd's arm flail giving away far too many freekicks, he's too soft. Lafferty is slightly better in the air but isn't imposing enough. I'd love to have Cousin back for this.

A stricker?

typing fast incase the boss catches me!!

You don't make it quicker by adding letters :rolleyes:

:lol:

The Celtic defence do not like to be bullied. Boyd's arm flail giving away far too many freekicks, he's too soft. Lafferty is slightly better in the air but isn't imposing enough. I'd love to have Cousin back for this.

Slightly better is the worrying thing. Would be great to have Cousin there.

Slightly better is the worrying thing.

True.

We might not be able to bully them in the air so I'd refrain from the long ball. A few times this season we have passed the ball very well. Keep the ball on the ground, pass quickly and get running at their slow defenders. We waste so much possession because of the long ball from the back.

Anyone remember when McLeish tried to sign Carsten Jancker on loan for two weeks purely so he could play against Celtic to give us a physical presence? 2 week loan deals, Eck really broke the mould when he took over at Ibrox.

Just sitting wondering how we will play against them at the back with what we put up front..... thinking we can get at the with fast pace and passing amongst their back four and get in behind them..... but was thinking of how cousin bullied them a few times home and away..... would love to have an attacker week in week out starter in the mould of big duncan ferguson.... hateley too... Mcmanus and Caldwell hate it!! Would love to have a player like that again, somebody they will actually fear playing against.. I know the below are mostly fouls and red cards but somebody who gets whacked into them every time and shows them not one ounce of respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnPGV9f0F8A...feature=related

It's a good point and one I'd never thought about or considered it a problem but it is certainly something we miss badly and have done since Cousin and Prso before him.