Resident Evil 5

jmo21

Silent Hill looks atrocious. It's the end of the road for that series I think, sadly.

I've got Resi 5 and it's brilliant - but not survival horror anymore. I can understand why some people wouldn't take to it immediately though.

It's a great co-op action game. I wouldn't like to play it on PS3 where the frame rate apparently takes quite a nosedive a lot of the time mind.

you've never been able to walk and shoot in Resi, it's a device used to make you feel more vulnerable.

You can strafe in this version apparently, although I never do. I think you might have to use an alternative control style to do it as well.

Got it today.

Oddly while it's the sole reason I got a PS3, I really wasn't that excited about it in the end. As a big fan of this series, I was always going to buy this game though.

The controls will take a little getting used to, coming from GameCube's Resident Evil 4 as I have. I reserve judgement for now.

But why are the loading screens, which contain background story of the history of the game, so quick as to not let you read it all in time?

Yes, that's weird!

Anyway the last level: oh dear :(

Great game apart from that though, mind you I've only ever really played it much in co-op. Which is how it's meant to be played really.

aside from the minor control problems the game is fantastic. to get the unlimited ammo for a weapon you first have to fully upgrade it then finish the game. im on my 3rd play through of it, i really am enjoying it that much!

aside from the minor control problems the game is fantastic. to get the unlimited ammo for a weapon you first have to fully upgrade it then finish the game. im on my 3rd play through of it, i really am enjoying it that much!

I've played it twice since I got it.

Barely scratched the surface of it.

I never seem to be in the mood or have the time.

Just like I was with RE4 despite loving that game.

I think the game is a tad on the short side. I'm on the final chapter already without really playing it excessively.

I'm also dissapointed in the lack of "Resident Evil" type puzzles.

I appreciate how fantastic the game looks, and although I have enjoyed it, it is nowhere near as good as I expected it to be.

yeah man its far more action orientated now and to be honest i easilly preferred the likes of resi 2 and code veronica as they totally immersed you in the game. not enough scares in this one like the old ones used to get to you. can you imagine capcom had released an old school resi game in this day and age though, they would be torn apart! :anguish:

the new silent hill is more along those lines, but in truth it is god awful :/

I like the new action orinatated version, but I really don't think they needed to sacrifice the "strategy" aspect of the game to achieve it.

Jun Takeuchi has said in interviews that RE6 will be a clompete reboot, which I found interesting since they only really rebooted the series at RE4.

I just wonder where they are going to go from here?

Jesus, RE6? I've not done this one yet!

And why the fuck is Jill dead. Don't spoil it in case that's wrong, but that gravestone was terrible. Why kill her off ffs.