Time to bring back the Billy Boys?

wallaceIII

Wont be at the game on sunday as I live in nice cold canada, but I would absolutely love it I heard on the tele the Rangers end singing The Billy Boys, and The Famine Song in full voice.... We've taken far too much Bull from Uefa AND David Murray while Celtic have gotten away with Everything. After their fans' recent embarassment, I feel the time is now to take a stand and if we get reported to Uefa, lets organize a massive complain to Uefa from as many Rangers supporters as possible. Im sick and tired of putting up with bullshit from the media and Celtic fans while they do much worse over at Parkhead and its not even frowned upon...anyone going on Sunday for all of us not going,bring the flags, and win or lose dont stop singing. Hope we can win it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grow up - and move on Declan!

so your happy to sit by and see our club being torn to shreds in the media and David Murray milking us for everything that we have and not backing our support? We are the most passionate fans in the world in my opinion (the fact that we have 50,000 at Ibrox to watch opponents such as St. Mirren and Hamilton says it all) ,and if it wasn't for us there'd be know Rangers FC...a thing that David Murray and a lot of people at the club seem to take for granted. Insteading of sitting up there on his high horse and frowning upon us when things such as the billy boys and the famine song come up in the media...the club should be backing us on these issues and then even go on the attack and bring up the pro-IRA chanting of Celtic fans and all the other bullshit we put up with week in week out.

Any Chairman who wasn't a complete idiot would see this latest heist by the Celtic fans and rip the shreds out of them...especially considering that the people running their club seemed to have disappeared and had to have a spokesperson comment on the issue.

so your happy to sit by and see our club being torn to shreds in the media and David Murray milking us for everything that we have and not backing our support? We are the most passionate fans in the world in my opinion (the fact that we have 50,000 at Ibrox to watch opponents such as St. Mirren and Hamilton says it all) ,and if it wasn't for us there'd be know Rangers FC...a thing that David Murray and a lot of people at the club seem to take for granted. Insteading of sitting up there on his high horse and frowning upon us when things such as the billy boys and the famine song come up in the media...the club should be backing us on these issues and then even go on the attack and bring up the pro-IRA chanting of Celtic fans and all the other bullshit we put up with week in week out.

Any Chairman who wasn't a complete idiot would see this latest heist by the Celtic fans and rip the shreds out of them...especially considering that the people running their club seemed to have disappeared and had to have a spokesperson comment on the issue.

Come on now son!

The original poster is quite clearly at the wind up and doesn't even deserve an answer so please lets not turn this into a Sir David bashing.

Wont be at the game on sunday as I live in nice cold canada, but I would absolutely love it I heard on the tele the Rangers end singing The Billy Boys, and The Famine Song in full voice.... We've taken far too much Bull from Uefa AND David Murray while Celtic have gotten away with Everything. After their fans' recent embarassment, I feel the time is now to take a stand and if we get reported to Uefa, lets organize a massive complain to Uefa from as many Rangers supporters as possible. Im sick and tired of putting up with bullshit from the media and Celtic fans while they do much worse over at Parkhead and its not even frowned upon...anyone going on Sunday for all of us not going,bring the flags, and win or lose dont stop singing. Hope we can win it!

Aye okay then....ya hawf wit!

the media/SFA and UEFA would have a field day,its exactly what they would want from us after the mhanks recent embarrassment we wont lower ourselves to thier level to even things up.

SO tell me then where will you be sitting in the stadium "supporting the team"? FYI I will be in the North Stand!!! - oh yes and I also sit in the Govan rear at every home game if you want to come and discuss it with me!

I can't be there, but i'd be interested to know if the filth start singing their 'folk songs' how much of our support will stand there and take it?

Equality for all. Obviously doesn't apply if you're one of them, the SFA suffer from temporary loss of hearing when them c*nts are chanting their vicious bile.

What a great debate you have going there.

Why should the poster grow up for situation we return to singing one of the greatest ever football anthems?

As someone on the board has as a sig - "Opions are like arseholes - everyone's got them and most of them stink"

My guess is the topic will be discussed to death - but we need to face it that TBB is deemed to be unacceptable

For what it's worth the other lot are just as bad (but sadly get away with their bile - 2 perceived wrongs don't necessarily make it all ok)

Also as far as I know TBB was not a football anthem - only adopted as one - I do however agree that as a chant it is highly effective although containing what is now regarded as unacceptable content by some

SO tell me then where will you be sitting in the stadium "supporting the team"? FYI I will be in the North Stand!!! - oh yes and I also sit in the Govan rear at every home game if you want to come and discuss it with me!

thing is mate, I live across an ocean but If I could I would be there...I get across the pond for a month every year between mid august and september and go to every single match when I'm over. I pay hundreds of dollars every year to get up every Sunday morning at 7 AM to watch the games on a shitty internet feed so dont be questioning my support...a lot of fans pick and choose games but if I lived in Scotland,which im planning to do in a few years, I'd be a season ticket holder and go to every away game because in Canada we lack real football fans and tbh being able to live in Glasgow and go see Rangers every week is something that a lot of you guys take for granted.

Why should the poster grow up for situation we return to singing one of the greatest ever football anthems?

As someone on the board has as a sig - "Opions are like arseholes - everyone's got them and most of them stink"

My guess is the topic will be discussed to death - but we need to face it that TBB is deemed to be unacceptable

For what it's worth the other lot are just as bad (but sadly get away with their bile - 2 perceived wrongs don't necessarily make it all ok)

Also as far as I know TBB was not a football anthem - only adopted as one - I do however agree that as a chant it is highly effective although containing what is now regarded as unacceptable content by some

A lot of yoo ha over nothing to be honest. The fact is we will never loose points over it/ be fined over it/ stadium closures over it. Get it sung. All this shit was made up by the rags and the sfa. However the arguement is done to death just wish some of our support had the balls to sing it.

i would say that it was (probably still is) the Rangers fans anthem..whist Follow follow is the official club anthem...if that makes any sense.

It kills me everytime I hear an english team sing their pathetic version of it because its just not the same lol.

yeah lets sing the old songs

and watch the media slaughter us on the monday morning

easy to say that sitting 4000 miles away

does nobody realise that after our next heavy fine

the next step is points deduction

the sfa are just lying in wait mr dick will be listening to every word

I agree mate, but why is allydick not hearing the same as everyone else when them f*ckers are at it?

:anguish:

Wonder what happened to "No Surrender"

I'm not going to get drawn into a slagging match about things - each has an opinion on it - neither is wrong and neither is right - Opinions make the world go round! If it wasn't for opinions the other lot wouldn't exist!!

Each person is entitled to take a different path to get to where he wants to be!! If you are offended by my comments then sorry - but you ain't going to change my mind or ever make me support a different team!

I don't take for granted the fact I can go to almost every game - I had to work in Oz for 3 months at the begining of the season so I am well aware of how difficult it is to watch and support from a long way off

WATP

:anguish:

Wonder what happened to "No Surrender"

SORRY CHIEF

NO SURRENDER