Broadfoot back in training

Muff

KIRK BROADFOOT'S chances of facing Celtic in Sunday's League Cup final have improved after he was able to train at Murray Park today.

One daily newspaper report suggested it is unlikely he'll feature against Gordon Strachan's men at Hampden because of a foot injury.

But he took part in this morning's session and the management are hopeful he'll be cleared to play two days from now.

Nacho Novo has been passed fit, having returned to training earlier this week following more than a month out with an ankle problem.

He has suffered no reaction since coming back into Walter Smith's squad and could make a dramatic comeback in the derby.

One player who did not train today was Madjid Bougherra, who limped off after sustaining a kick to the calf in Sunday's win over Hamilton.

He was not risked as a precaution but is making good progress after receiving treatment and the club's medics expect him to make the starting line-up.

Pedro Mendes and Lee McCulloch, who both returned against Accies after spells out, are also fine and Kevin Thomson is the only absentee.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1589341,00.html

IMO Kirk Broadfoot should be nowhere near the starting 11 on Sunday. He's been awful for months and he's just back from an injury. Steven Whittaker had a good game against Hamilton and should keep his place - dropping him would dent his confidence further more and just show that Wally has his favourites.

"One player who did not train today was Madjid Bougherra, who limped off after sustaining a kick to the calf in Sunday's win over Hamilton"

Very worrying :(

Hopefully he'll be fit but in football you just don't know.

If worst comes to worst i'd play McCulloch next to Davie.

"One player who did not train today was Madjid Bougherra, who limped off after sustaining a kick to the calf in Sunday's win over Hamilton"

5x4rc8.jpg

I'd rather Whittaker play ahead of Broadfoot on Sunday, hopefully he'll have taken a bit of confidence from his performance against Hamilton

had a fantastic game.

Whittaker proved he could run up and down a wing unchallenged against Hamilton. Big Deal.

Can he defend????

If Broadfoot is fit I'd play him right back...if Bougherra is out then Broadfoot at CB and Whittaker at RB.

5x4rc8.jpg

:praise::lol:

Guest Andypendek

And when was the last time McGeady got any change out of Kirk? Ffs, we've got a RB who has shown over and over again that he can neutralise one of the opposition's biggest threats...so let's drop him and play a bit part player who had a decent but nothing more game against Hamilton. Whittaker's decision making (when to go forward, when to overlap and so on) was rusty - not his fault, but not something I'd like to see him work on during a Cup Final, if it's all the same. If Kirk is fit he should play, for all sorts of reasons. The timing's unfortunate for Steven Whittaker, but that's life. He needs more games to get a relationship with Davis working smoothly, to get his sharpness up to speed, to gain some confidence. In the long term I think he's the better option at RB but, if I were manager, I'd be taking him aside now and explaining why I'm going with the big man, and challenging him in the following weeks to oust Kirk and make the RB shirt his own.

KIRK BROADFOOT'S chances of facing Celtic in Sunday's League Cup final have improved after he was able to train at Murray Park today.

One daily newspaper report suggested it is unlikely he'll feature against Gordon Strachan's men at Hampden because of a foot injury.

But he took part in this morning's session and the management are hopeful he'll be cleared to play two days from now.

Nacho Novo has been passed fit, having returned to training earlier this week following more than a month out with an ankle problem.

He has suffered no reaction since coming back into Walter Smith's squad and could make a dramatic comeback in the derby.

One player who did not train today was Madjid Bougherra, who limped off after sustaining a kick to the calf in Sunday's win over Hamilton.

He was not risked as a precaution but is making good progress after receiving treatment and the club's medics expect him to make the starting line-up.

Pedro Mendes and Lee McCulloch, who both returned against Accies after spells out, are also fine and Kevin Thomson is the only absentee.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1589341,00.html

IMO Kirk Broadfoot should be nowhere near the starting 11 on Sunday. He's been awful for months and he's just back from an injury. Steven Whittaker had a good game against Hamilton and should keep his place - dropping him would dent his confidence further more and just show that Wally has his favourites.

were doomed :anguish:

And when was the last time McGeady got any change out of Kirk? Ffs, we've got a RB who has shown over and over again that he can neutralise one of the opposition's biggest threats...so let's drop him and play a bit part player who had a decent but nothing more game against Hamilton. Whittaker's decision making (when to go forward, when to overlap and so on) was rusty - not his fault, but not something I'd like to see him work on during a Cup Final, if it's all the same. If Kirk is fit he should play, for all sorts of reasons. The timing's unfortunate for Steven Whittaker, but that's life. He needs more games to get a relationship with Davis working smoothly, to get his sharpness up to speed, to gain some confidence. In the long term I think he's the better option at RB but, if I were manager, I'd be taking him aside now and explaining why I'm going with the big man, and challenging him in the following weeks to oust Kirk and make the RB shirt his own.

I totally agree wih that.

back in training but he shouldnt play and i dont think he will. Whittaker had an excellent game against hamilton. Better than any of broadfoots performances this year and deserves to start( and will i reckon)