What is the actual situation of Rangers?

Gonzalo1990

What is the actual situation of Rangers in Scotland? I know that Celtic was the champion last league, and that you lost UEFA Cup Final, but I would like know more.

In case you dont understand what I am trying to ask, I will tell you the situation of River Plate from the last five years (2004-2009):

River Plate is the biggest one in Argentina, but he has lived five years in crisis and decadence. From 2004 to 2008, River did not win a single title, either international (Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana) nor local (we dont have leagues, we have short tournaments where each team plays against every team only once, not two, like European leagues, and we have two local tournaments per year).

To make matters worse, Boca won, from 2000 to 2009, 8 international tournaments, including two Intercontinental Cups, 4 Libertadores Cups and 2 Sudamericana Cups, and 5 local tournaments. Although River, from 2000 to 2004 won 3 local tournaments, for the fans they did not meant too much, because River is the team with most local titles, and prefer winning international cups, and Boca, during those years, kept winning and winning international cups.

From 2004 to 2008, River did not win a single title. What is the explanation? Bad players were bought, good players were sold, and as a result, River, during 2005 to nowadays, River never had a competitive like Boca or other teams of America. River, nowadays, has a mediocre team, not like the ones we used to have in the 40s, 50s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

But finally, in 2008, River won a tournament, the Clausura 2008. It represented our 33rd title.Everyone thought that those painful days of the previous years, where Boca won everything and River nothing, were about to be gone. Sadly, we were wrong. River finished in the bottom of the table in the Apertura 2008, in the second part of 2008. So, in one year, from being the champion, he became the worst, the last. It was a deep shock. To make matters even worse, River finished last and Boca was the champion in that tournament.

So now, this is River. Once a big club, now in decadence. River nowadays has a mediocre team, but it appears to improve with the hiring of Marcelo Gallardo and Christian Fabbiani, two new players which brought hope to every River Plate fan. River is now trying to leave those horrible days behind and be the great team it used to be.

That is more or less what I am asking, what I would like to know about Rangers, more or less.

What is the actual situation of Rangers in Scotland? I know that Celtic was the champion last league, and that you lost UEFA Cup Final, but I would like know more.

In case you dont understand what I am trying to ask, I will tell you the situation of River Plate from the last five years (2004-2009):

River Plate is the biggest one in Argentina, but he has lived five years in crisis and decadence. From 2004 to 2008, River did not win a single title, either international (Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana) nor local (we dont have leagues, we have short tournaments where each team plays against every team only once, not two, like European leagues, and we have two local tournaments per year).

To make matters worse, Boca won, from 2000 to 2009, 8 international tournaments, including two Intercontinental Cups, 4 Libertadores Cups and 2 Sudamericana Cups, and 5 local tournaments. Although River, from 2000 to 2004 won 3 local tournaments, for the fans they did not meant too much, because River is the team with most local titles, and prefer winning international cups, and Boca, during those years, kept winning and winning international cups.

From 2004 to 2008, River did not win a single title. What is the explanation? Bad players were bought, good players were sold, and as a result, River, during 2005 to nowadays, River never had a competitive like Boca or other teams of America. River, nowadays, has a mediocre team, not like the ones we used to have in the 40s, 50s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

But finally, in 2008, River won a tournament, the Clausura 2008. It represented our 33rd title.Everyone thought that those painful days of the previous years, where Boca won everything and River nothing, were about to be gone. Sadly, we were wrong. River finished in the bottom of the table in the Apertura 2008, in the second part of 2008. So, in one year, from being the champion, he became the worst, the last. It was a deep shock. To make matters even worse, River finished last and Boca was the champion in that tournament.

So now, this is River. Once a big club, now in decadence. River nowadays has a mediocre team, but it appears to improve with the hiring of Marcelo Gallardo and Christian Fabbiani, two new players which brought hope to every River Plate fan. River is now trying to leave those horrible days behind and be the great team it used to be.

That is more or less what I am asking, what I would like to know about Rangers, more or less.

Whats the financial situation at River?

How much do you recieve for TV money per season?

Do you spend alot on players each season?

What sort of wages are the players on? do you have wage caps?

Whats the financial situation at River?

How much do you recieve for TV money per season?

Do you spend alot on players each season?

What sort of wages are the players on? do you have wage caps?

The financial situation is not very good. River is a club who has been bad administrated for 40 or 30 years.

Yes, we receive money for the TV. But here in Argentina is different. That is not the main source of income.

Yes, a lot of money was spent during the years 2004-2007, with no positive result.

Players earn a salary, plus an extra quantity of money if they win. But I am not very sure of that.

The situation is this:

We have come 2nd to a poor celtic team for the past 3 seasons. Lack of money is a small part of this problem, but bad management is the main culprit. Paul Le Guen.....awful.

Last season was,almost,very, very succesful and lots of people still appear to hold grudges against the team management for the ultimate failure in Europe & our own league. Personally, i think we are in a better position to beat Celtic than at this point last season, when we were distracted by the UEFA cup. They are a poor side, we have players who need to try harder because they are simply BETTER than what celtic have.

We have stil won loads more titles than them, and will always be the greatest club in the world, despite what the moaners & gloom merchants may say.

No Surrender, We Are The People.

The situation is this:

We have come 2nd to a poor celtic team for the past 3 seasons. Lack of money is a small part of this problem, but bad management is the main culprit. Paul Le Guen.....awful.

Last season was,almost,very, very succesful and lots of people still appear to hold grudges against the team management for the ultimate failure in Europe & our own league. Personally, i think we are in a better position to beat Celtic than at this point last season, when we were distracted by the UEFA cup. They are a poor side, we have players who need to try harder because they are simply BETTER than what celtic have.

We have stil won loads more titles than them, and will always be the greatest club in the world, despite what the moaners & gloom merchants may say.

superb analysis (tu)

The situation is this:

(tu) Take a bow WVB !

The situation is this:

Which was the last league you won?

The situation is this:

Which was the last league you won?

The day we won the league is known as Helicopter Sunday, here is a video showing the events of that day. Epic stuff (tu)

What a great day for Rangers fan jajaja.

Here in Argentina, something similar happened, between Boca and Estudiantes de la Plata. Estudiantes was the champion, and Boca the second jajaja.

And just in case you didnt already know, we are the worlds most successfull club. We have won more trophies than any other professional club and hold the world record for winning the most league titles currently 51.

The world outside of glasgow hold so many misconceptions about Celtic fc, when in fact the majority of their fans are terrorist supporting scumbags who glorify the slaughtering of men, women and children by the IRA.

You have made a very wise choice young man in embracing the uniqueness which is Rangers fc and you are most welcome to now be among us.

If we can enlighten you and educate you with one piece of wisdom regarding Rangers fc it is this phrase - 'NO SURRENDER'. Whether in the uk or over there in Argentina always embrace this, at our club and in our culture these are cherished words indeed.

I look forward to future communications brother.

And just in case you didnt already know, we are the worlds most successfull club. We have won more trophies than any other professional club and hold the world record for winning the most league titles currently 51.

The world outside of glasgow hold so many misconceptions about Celtic fc, when in fact the majority of their fans are terrorist supporting scumbags who glorify the slaughtering of men, women and children by the IRA.

You have made a very wise choice young man in embracing the uniqueness which is Rangers fc and you are most welcome to now be among us.

If we can enlighten you and educate you with one piece of wisdom regarding Rangers fc it is this phrase - 'NO SURRENDER'. Whether in the uk or over there in Argentina always embrace this, at our club and in our culture these are cherished words indeed.

I said it in another thread. But I dont have any problem to repeat jaja.

In Argentina, Celtic is most known than Rangers because in 1967 Celtic played agains Racing Club de Avellaneda the final of the Intercontinental Cup. Racing Club won the cup and beat Celtic.

And everyone took that match as a revenge to the elimination of Argentina by England in 1966. Because here Celtic was identified with Britain and, therefore, to England.

Celtic fans supported the IRA?

The situation is this:

Great post WVB :praise:

I said it in another thread. But I dont have any problem to repeat jaja.

In Argentina, Celtic is most known than Rangers because in 1967 Celtic played agains Racing Club de Avellaneda the final of the Intercontinental Cup. Racing Club won the cup and beat Celtic.

And everyone took that match as a revenge to the elimination of Argentina by England in 1966. Because here Celtic was identified with Britain and, therefore, to England.

Celtic fans supported the IRA?

if i remember correctly, was that not the two leg tie that seen jimmy johnstone aka the wee alky wife-beating scumbag get kicked all over the pitch

now thats how you deal with they bastards