A psychological experiment

Danny

Before you ask, no, no one is inserting electrodes into any of our players' brains and switching the power to 'on'...

This thread wonders what our view of the same display would have been with a win.

Had every player given exactly the same for the 90 minutes but we'd taken one of our few chances and won the cup.

I get the feeling the likes of Mendes, who had a terrible game, would have scored a 7 with a 'hard working display and a few nice passes and touches', or McCulloch who was average might have got 6 with a 'robust and solid show in the middle'.

What do we think the scores and opinions of the same display might have been with a win instead of the defeat?

Before you ask, no, no one is inserting electrodes into any of our players' brains and switching the power to 'on'...

This thread wonders what our view of the same display would have been with a win.

Had every player given exactly the same for the 90 minutes but we'd taken one of our few chances and won the cup.

I get the feeling the likes of Mendes, who had a terrible game, would have scored a 7 with a 'hard working display and a few nice passes and touches', or McCulloch who was average might have got 6 with a 'robust and solid show in the middle'.

What do we think the scores and opinions of the same display might have been with a win instead of the defeat?

Nah, no hiding from the fact we are pish Danny. But we would have been Pish with a smile on our faces.

Nah, no hiding from the fact we are pish Danny. But we would have been Pish with a smile on our faces.

Meh, I dunno. We are pish, but I suspect a win would have made the outlook much rosier.

Meh, I dunno. We are pish, but I suspect a win would have made the outlook much rosier.

I think most people on this board know a polished turd when they see one.

A Polish turd? Yes, Boruc is very distinct.

Speaking of which, when did he get that awful tatoo on his neck?

Danny you know the mind of a football fan, especially Rangers fans. We are a fickle bunch. Had O'Dea not headered the ball home and instead we had beaten Boruc with one of our few chances and held on for the win the majority of posters on here would be saying that Smith got his tactics spot-on and that the team stuck to them perfectly.

But such is the nature of this defeat, the ramafications, and the cowardice of our manager there is simply no way that any Rangers player will recieve pass marks from the supporters. Such is the nature of the game.

As for me, i like to look beyond the joy or bitterness of a particular result and focus on the players and the performance alone. In my mind i would have come away from Hampden today with a smile on my face, a spring in my step, but ultimately a realisation of just how poor we are as a football team.

Not sure when he got it, but it apparently is the word 'addicted' and relates to an 'addiction to his family and friends' who were apparently appalled when he unveiled it to them.

He's completely mental.

Danny you know the mind of a football fan, especially Rangers fans. We are a fickle bunch. Had O'Dea not headered the ball home and instead we had beaten Boruc with one of our few chances and held on for the win the majority of posters on here would be saying that Smith got his tactics spot-on and that the team stuck to them perfectly.

But such is the nature of this defeat, the ramafications, and the cowardice of our manager there is simply no way that any Rangers player will recieve pass marks from the supporters. Such is the nature of the game.

As for me, i like to look beyond the joy or bitterness of a particular result and focus on the players and the performance alone. In my mind i would have come away from Hampden today with a smile on my face, a spring in my step, but ultimately a realisation of just how poor we are as a football team.

I like this post.

A nugget of wisdom on a day of so much emotion.

Not sure when he got it, but it apparently is the word 'addicted' and relates to an 'addiction to his family and friends' who were apparently appalled when he unveiled it to them.

He's completely mental.

It definatly symbolises his addiction to being a fanny.

Even a win could not disguise the fact that we had all the inventiveness of a midden heap out there. We were out-played and out-hustled by a very mediocre team, which makes us even more mediocre than them. Sticks in my craw, but there you have it.

shite as we were there was not a lot between them till they scored but a slim win for us would just have given us a false belief that this shite is working

so maybe if it wakes us up (seriously doubt it) all is not lost

I have been 100% consistent win, lose or draw since Smiths return. He should get to fuck. If we had won yesterday, i would have maintained we were papering over the cracks but i would have been as delighted as a jack in a box that we won.

You know something. This board, other boards and the Gers fans in general right now spend too much time arguing or wasting our energy on religion, on the press hating us, on referees decisions, on the SPL helping Timmy, on Timmys illegal chants and on other nonsense like bringing back the Billy Boys to "show UEFA we are the peepil" As a fan group, we should be concentrating our anger on that auld senile kunt who leads us to defeat at the most vital of times.

What the fuk does he do at Murray Park all day when none of our players can get a ball past a fucking wall when we have a free kick or put a ball into a dangerous area for a corner. What has he seen in the last week that made him think Christian fucking Dailly was the right man to throw into an Old Firm Cup Final having not kicked a ball for the first team for 6 months. How can he sleep at night knowing he puts that pish out on the park whilst guys are getting up at 5am to travel on buses and ferries whilst spending a fair proportion of their annual salaries following the Gers.

He ought to be brutally ashamed with some of his teams, tactics and decisions and by ALLOWING him to put Dailly on the bench means McCoist is culpable as well.

Uncle Walter, Auntie Football right enough. Now fuk off Smith (tu)

shite as we were there was not a lot between them till they scored but a slim win for us would just have given us a false belief that this shite is working

how many more times do we need to keep waking up, as if inverness wasnt big enough, we now need to win every league game to win the league this season

how many more times do we need to keep waking up, as if inverness wasnt big enough, we now need to win every league game to win the league this season

I certainly wouldn't say we need to win every league game to win the league.

They have been struggling in almost every league game over the last 6 weeks or so so to suggest they can win all thiers is laughable.

Both teams have still got some tough away games to come so both teams will definetly drop points.