A memorable Cup Final

D'Artagnan

For all the wrong reasons.

I dont think in my 40 years of watching Rangers, that I have ever seen a Rangers midfield so devoid of ideas, drive, hunger, craft, and I can say Ive seen some poor Rangers midfields in my time.

Can any of the older Bears recall such an inept performance from a Rangers midfield ?

But that today was absolutely woeful. No adventure, flair or creative talent.

As for the "tactical genius"...I have 4 four words..

McCulloch Off Dailly On.

D'Art it's nice to see you posting again, although under such terrible circumstances unfortunately.

There is no doubt in my mind after today that Walter Smith is the problem with Rangers at this present time. We have a squad of players who i firmly believe are capable of beating Celtic on every occasion, yet Walter tries his utmost it seems to stop that from happening.

The man is pure and simply a coward. Only he could make THREE substitutions and yet still stick to the 4-5-1 formation that was leading nowhere andinviting pressure from a rejuvinated Celtic side who adopted a 4-4-2 system after half-time. Such a positive move Walter Smith would never dream of. Where were our young stars today? Fleck, Aaron, Naismith and Edu all noticeable in their absence. Of the four only Edu made the bench. You work that one out because i certainly cannot.

One fact summed today up for me. The last time Christian Dailly played a competitive game for Rangers it was the 2-1 defeat to Kaunas. We are a joke of a club.

Even having Dailly on the bench was bizarre. And to take Lafferty off who was our only goal threat was just as bad. What goes on in Walter's head? :anguish:

he was on the bench because this cup dosent have the forced u21 rule

which beggers the question would he always be on the bench if we didnt have this rule in spl

This performance was far from terrible. Everyone here is over critical.

The trouble lies within the distribution and cconfidence in the final third in my opinion, Plus a couple of poor substitiutions from smith. We were definately stronger than them!

Rangers were unlucky and were the stronger side in the 90 minutes. The league is still on, who really gives a fuck about the CIS cup anyway?

Its done, now letw concentrate on hearts at ibrox this saturday

Heads up FFS

D'Art it's nice to see you posting again, although under such terrible circumstances unfortunately.

There is no doubt in my mind after today that Walter Smith is the problem with Rangers at this present time. We have a squad of players who i firmly believe are capable of beating Celtic on every occasion, yet Walter tries his utmost it seems to stop that from happening.

The man is pure and simply a coward. Only he could make THREE substitutions and yet still stick to the 4-5-1 formation that was leading nowhere andinviting pressure from a rejuvinated Celtic side who adopted a 4-4-2 system after half-time. Such a positive move Walter Smith would never dream of. Where were our young stars today? Fleck, Aaron, Naismith and Edu all noticeable in their absence. Of the four only Edu made the bench. You work that one out because i certainly cannot.

One fact summed today up for me. The last time Christian Dailly played a competitive game for Rangers it was the 2-1 defeat to Kaunas. We are a joke of a club.

Ive been away a bit BIC - hence my absence. I'll be away again periodically over the next few weeks but Im trying to sort something out with Rab to post remotely.

I agree that tactical apprehension does not help us but I do feel collectively as a messageboard we overate the ability of Mendes/Ferguson/Davis.

Lack of managerial courage is compounded with a real lack of creative talent and consistency in our team. Even in the dark days of the 80's if we got the ball to Coop something could be on. We just dont have any real talent in our team - and it shows.

This performance was far from terrible. Everyone here is over critical.

The trouble lies within the distribution and cconfidence in the final third in my opinion, Plus a couple of poor substitiutions from smith. We were definately stronger than them!

Rangers were unlucky and were the stronger side in the 90 minutes. The league is still on, who really gives a fuck about the CIS cup anyway?

Its done, now letw concentrate on hearts at ibrox this saturday

Heads up FFS

I'll have a pint of what youre on.

Ive been away a bit BIC - hence my absence. I'll be away again periodically over the next few weeks but Im trying to sort something out with Rab to post remotely.

I agree that tactical apprehension does not help us but I do feel collectively as a messageboard we overate the ability of Mendes/Ferguson/Davis.

Lack of managerial courage is compounded with a real lack of creative talent and consistency in our team. Even in the dark days of the 80's if we got the ball to Coop something could be on. We just dont have any real talent in our team - and it shows.

You are right, we don't have that magical Coop-esque finnesse in the team or the the spirit of the 9 in a row boys, but what we have in my oppinion is a superior squad to Celtic's which is being utilised in completely the wrong manner. I feel that had we gone with 4-4-2 with either Fleck, Aaron or Novo playing on the left we would have won that game today. Celtic looked far from solid in defence and that was with us offering virtually nothing in attack.

Only at Rangers can a player such as Dailly take a place on the bench away from Scotland's hottest young star or the Spanish U-19 Captain. Yes, our players don't do themselves justice and Mendes/Davis et all are extremely over-rated but the manager is the biggest culprit of them all.