Who can empathize with this current squad?

TMWWBK

For years we've seen players from all over the world grace Ibrox. Advocaat plucked players from the Netherlands, Le Guen raided France and McLeish's side was equally cosmopolitan, filling his side with nomadic mercenaries.

Since Smith returned though, our transfer policy has been to go back to basics and look to the domestic front more often than not for players. Broadfoot, McCulloch and Naismith were signed, and all were quick to point out that they had finally arrived at the club of their boyhood dreams. Self-confessed fans like Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd and Allan McGregor were already at the club, as were the now departed Charlie Adam and Chris Burke. When you looked at our squad going into season 08/09, it was made up of a core of homegrown talent and 'Rangers men' that the club hadn't seen since perhaps the day Smith departed first time around.

What i find strange is that with this squad, i really don't feel like they are actually 'one of our own'. When Le Guen and McLeish's sides were toiling, people cried that the players didn't know what it meant to wear the shirt, but do these players know what it is to mean the shirt? Some of the performances this season have been as gutless as i can remember and up there with some of the most heartless i've seen. Even when you look off the pitch, you can't help but think we're being hamstrung a bit. Broadfoot was on RTV the other day and couldn't name the scorers in the 72 ECWC final and Boyd's self-absorbed media persona has been evident this week once again. As i type this, i'm reliably informed that the players are back at Ibrox having a few drinks and a laugh just now.

Don't get me wrong, the foreigners aren't exempt. See Mendes' disappearing act today for proof. It's just disappointing that for a team that's apparently full of bears like ourselves, they don't half fail to turn up when the going gets tough. I know i can relate to a Ronald de Boer more than i can to a Kris Boyd.

i'm reliably informed that the players are back at Ibrox having a few drinks and a laugh just now.

You are correct. My uncle was at Ibrox for pre and post match hospitality (I'm sure that's what he said) and he was absolutely appauled with the way the players were behaving and 'dicking' about - he said Ferguson, McGregor and McCulloch were almost downing glasses of wine. McCulloch was playing pranks on people and acting the goat. They don't care, they are a bunch of shitebags.

The people of St. Andrews (especially the Raisin staff) were complaining about them and a few of the Scotland players the other week. Ferguson, McGregor, Broadfoot, Caldwell and Brown were all hammered (week when Scotland met up)

For a team of so-called Rangers men, they certainly don't show the fight, passion or desire. They are a bunch of gutless, selfish, ignorant, big headed shite-bags.

We need to get guys like Prso and Albertz into the dressing room to tell them what it's all about.

The players were happy just to pick up their appearance bonuses today. Thank f*ck we're not shelling out 100k a man anymore!

i'm reliably informed that the players are back at Ibrox having a few drinks and a laugh just now.

You are correct. My uncle was at Ibrox for pre and post match hospitality (I'm sure that's what he said) and he was absolutely appauled with the way the players were behaving and 'dicking' about - he said Ferguson, McGregor and McCulloch were almost downing glasses of wine. McCulloch was playing pranks on people and acting the goat. They don't care, they are a bunch of shitebags.

The people of St. Andrews (especially the Raisin staff) were complaining about them and a few of the Scotland players the other week. Ferguson, McGregor, Broadfoot, Caldwell and Brown were all hammered (week when Scotland met up)

For a team of so-called Rangers men, they certainly don't show the fight, passion or desire. They are a bunch of gutless, selfish, ignorant, big headed shite-bags.

That's a fucking disgrace if true.

I thought that Fergie and Mculloch and some others showed their passion on the park today.

It pisses me off that they are now back at Ibrox drinking and "dicking about" though. I had planned to go out tonight but jacked it in and went home when we lost. I've never lost a big football match and felt like a party. Its a bit sickening that they would be like that actually when I think how i'm feeling just now.

The players have a day off tomorrow, why would they pass up an opportunity to have a good sesh?

For what it's worth, i too thought Ferguson played moderately well today. Sadly you couldn't say the same thing for the rest of his performances this season.

They have two days off - personally I'd have cancelled that and they'd be in 6am tomorrow morning.

Woah there cowboy.

Don't upset them or there will be some sort of mutiny in order to get the manager sacked!

They have two days off - personally I'd have cancelled that and they'd be in 6am tomorrow morning.

Woah there cowboy.

Don't upset them or there will be some sort of mutiny in order to get the manager sacked!

What would you rather have? Upset fans or upset players?

Woah there cowboy.

Daft question - I'd rather have neither.

I'd rather have a team that cared as much as the fans do.

Woah there cowboy.

Daft question - I'd rather have neither.

I'd rather have a team that cared as much as the fans do.

I'd rather have neither aswell, but todays match resulted in choosing one or the other.