Pedro Mendes where were you today ?

BLUEDIGNITY

I think we saw today why we got him from Portsmouth ... certainly a talented player but rather posted missing when push comes to shove in the big games

Nah, that's bollocks.

One bad game, where no-one else turned up. Why blame Mendes when there are another 9 to pick out?

I don't think he performed today, but to turn on him is so, so wrong after the season he's given us so far.

What has he really given us this season, in all honesty... a good game at parkhead and a goal...a good goal against thistle in the cup...what else...he is meant to be our creative midfielder, with a decent shot and the trickery to unlock defences....i just dont see it with him....thought he looked awful yesterday and was shit scared of putting in a tackle...

Mendes has given us a lot more than 2 goals doh

Always had my doubts over Mendes.

Sometimes he brilliant and nothing can be taken away from that but there are too many times were he just doesn't do it for me.

Yesterday was an perfect example, he tries those killer balls too often and the majority of the time he doesn't find a jersey.

Although he is one of our better players, but certainly not our best.

Same goes for Davis.

He got fucking lost along with the rest of them, I think he has been dragged down to the pish that surrounds him. Needs a volley up the arse cause he is a decent player

It's telling that the longer he's been at Rangers, the more it seems he's losing his ability.

Maybe it's our training - who knows?

Or maybe it's that he was overated in the first place.

Capable of being great sometimes. But often capable of mediocrity.

i think danny has had it spot on so far in this thread. . . i like the player he is good but has been fading and today the lack of effort on his part was a disgrace . . . for me barry didnt have a good game but he ran for the team and showed us that he gave a shit! unlike mendes (and to not sinlge him out specificly other . . . but this is a mendes thread!)

He got fucking lost along with the rest of them, I think he has been dragged down to the pish that surrounds him. Needs a volley up the arse cause he is a decent player

It's telling that the longer he's been at Rangers, the more it seems he's losing his ability.

Overrated in the first place!?!?! I suppose you think the sun shines outta Fergusons arse then and he played a blinder yesterday?

If Mendes is "Capable of being great sometimes. But often capable of mediocrity" what is Fergie? Are you and Big Walt still waiting for Bazza to get back to match fitness after his injury/Op? Not gonna happen mate, what ever was good about Ferguson left with him when he marched off for the big bucks down south.

I think some people are looking for a player to blame and Mendes fits the bill after a poor game.

He's been carrying that midfield since Ferguson got back, it's no wonder he's looking a bit jaded.

Overrated in the first place!?!?! I suppose you think the sun shines outta Fergusons arse...

Nail on head hit. I think this poster's views are tied up with his Ferguson worship.

its not how bad he played . . . not saying he is a bad player . . . its that in a cup finla against them he showed no passion or fight. i dont feel barry had a good game but i do feel he showed desire passion and fight, which admittly is not enuff but more then what mendes showed

its not how bad he played . . . not saying he is a bad player . . . its that in a cup finla against them he showed no passion or fight. i dont feel barry had a good game but i do feel he showed desire passion and fight, which admittly is not enuff but more then what mendes showed

First time since his return that he's really outperformed Mendes.

Is that something to crow about? I'm not so sure.

I think we saw today why we got him from Portsmouth ... certainly a talented player but rather posted missing when push comes to shove in the big games

Nah, that's bollocks.

One bad game, where no-one else turned up. Why blame Mendes when there are another 9 to pick out?

I don't think he performed today, but to turn on him is so, so wrong after the season he's given us so far.

What has he really given us this season, in all honesty... a good game at parkhead and a goal...a good goal against thistle in the cup...what else...he is meant to be our creative midfielder, with a decent shot and the trickery to unlock defences....i just dont see it with him....thought he looked awful yesterday and was shit scared of putting in a tackle...

well a couple more...what else has he done then

i agree mendes has been better all season id have just liked him to show sum desire

also although fergie hasnt been great this season i think a lot of the critisism is exagerratted a far bit, so while i dont think any of the players deserve any sort of praise for there performance i would suggest that if others even having not played well did the same running we would have been much better off today

Nah, that's bollocks.

well a couple more...what else has he done then

As I said, carried the midfield while Ferguson took an age to find his fitness.

Don't think he did 'out perform' him, he was much more involved though. Ferguson must have had the ball half a dozen times before Mendes touched it, although he gave it away if he tried any thing other than his trademark square ball or the easy ball into Miller's feet that gave the forward little or no options. Mendes was not at the races, that can't be argued, but I think it's a mistake for him to be playing second fiddle in this side.

Having said that, I agree with those that say Mendes has been overrated by some.

mendes carried the midfield all season!

away to aberdeen missing

away to st mirren anonymous

away to m well poor

away to d utd hopeless

away to hearts bullied

thats the games we need him for never one any of those

does he ever get in the opposition penalty box never!