We Apparantely Have Five "Untouchables"

McGregor, Bougherra, Davis, Mendes & Thomson.

McGrgeor is safe and steady, but is struggling to recapture the form of last season.

Davis and Mendes are wonderfully talented players. However both are beginning to show the inconsistancy that led to them being on the fringes of the first team at Aston Villa, Fulham, Portsmouth and Spurs respectively.

Thomson is injured, but of he hadn't been then he would probably have moved to WBA in January.

Then we have Bougherra.

The only player who provides pace in our backline. The only player who is intelligent enough to bring the ball out of defence and not aimlessly humping it and the one player who encourages our defence to play just that extra five yards higher up the pitch.

A player who has come in and replaced one of the best defenders to have played for our club in the past fifteen years without batting an eyelid.

His importance to our defebce makes me believe that he's the one player who is really is untouchable in our squad.

McGrgeor is safe and steady, but is struggling to recapture the form of last season.

Davis and Mendes are wonderfully talented players. However both are beginning to show the inconsistancy that led to them being on the fringes of the first team at Aston Villa, Fulham, Portsmouth and Spurs respectively.

Thomson is injured, but of he hadn't been then he would probably have moved to WBA in January.

Then we have Bougherra.

The only player who provides pace in our backline. The only player who is intelligent enough to bring the ball out of defence and not aimlessly humping it and the one player who encourages our defence to play just that extra five yards higher up the pitch.

A player who has come in and replaced one of the best defenders to have played for our club in the past fifteen years without batting an eyelid.

His importance to our defebce makes me believe that he's the one player who is really is untouchable in our squad.

Bougerra is probs one of the most likely to go but out of the other ones.

Madjid Bougherra is our best and most consistant player - without him we lack leadership, organisation, class, quality, ability, creativity, passion, fight, a player who can play the game and a good defender.

McGregor, Mendes and Davis are good players but are far too inconsistant.

The rest are shite.

Madjid Bougherra is our best and most consistant player - without him we lack leadership, organisation, class, quality, ability, creativity, passion, fight, a player who can play the game and a good defender.

The rest are shite.

Fucking hell I agree with you on something.

The rest are shite.

I always knew you'd come round one day - better late than never :thumbup:

The rest are shite.

mines is more 70/30 on the good and bad post ratio 70 being good :pipe:

The rest are shite.

:lol: I have woken up.

I don't trust Bougherra when the ball is in the air. He also has transfer value. Cult status or no, we need the cash and could probably achieve the same sort of results we have been without him.

Take Bougherra out and we'd have dropped more points. Just ;ook at the results without him - Broadfoot is a liability.

Davis is in no way wonderfully talented.

His consistancy isn't best, but he has a lot of talent.

his best years are ahead of him aswell.

Then we have Bougherra.

Tbh i would take this 'untouchables' thing with a pinch of salt.

It's all media speculation.

Sir David, Martin or Walter haven't actually said it.

If we don't qualify for the champions league everyone will be available.

From those five players qualify or not for the champions league i would still expect AT LEAST 1 to leave.

I'm hearing strong rumours that Sragia wants Davis so that wouldn't surprise me.

I'd also expect bids to come in for Bougherra and Mcgregor.

We shall wait and see.

Davis is in no way wonderfully talented.

bit harsh maybole, the lad getting told to do a job that he hasn't been brought up to do, i blame walters negative tactics and nothing else.

Then we have Bougherra.

Wasn't Davis a first-team regular at Villa, most of the time at least? Bougherra is a pretty good player but I think you overvalue him e.g. his distribution is erratic.