Just a question

reddrock

Without doubt if we continue to play as we have been ie: Caley and yesterdays disgraceful effort , we wont win the league .

My Heart tells me we will improve and secure the title my head is saying if we dont what happens .

How do we go forward ( yes change manager) but who and what will this achieve taking into account no other clubs want our second rate players and we have no money we are told to give any new manager so i would presume there would be no investment in players .

so if no title , what should be done

Thoughts guys

If no title, Walter has to walk. Ally with him.

Fuck knows who we could bring in considering the amount of money they will have (no very much).

Maybe someone who isn't afraid of giving good young players a shot and etc.

If I had to say who I'd want to manage Rangers and they were coming from a team in Scotland (as I can't see anyone else touching the job) I'd probably be content with Lazlo the Hearts manager. I like him.

It's a testament to how bad things are at the moment that I'm considering the fact that losing the league again might be the best thing, in the long run. Obviously I want to win the league every year, but if it papers over the cracks just enough for Smith & Co to stay, then we'll be stuck watching this terrible football, getting terrible results.

Sack Walter and bring back Graeme Souness.

I know someone new would be better, but that would mean Billy Davies, Craig Levein or Mark Mcghee.

this is not the way forward! souness in his last 3 jobs spents millions with no success,if he was THAT good why is he not working now?

Sorry but i think everyone knows ally is next rangers manager, clearly stated by murray

correct me if i'm wrong but did he not state that ally would take over if we were succesful under walter ie league champions??

It doesn't matter if we can't get many players in next season. A few wages will be gone like Hemdani and you'd expect Beasley to go too.

Whoever the manager would be will get a few players in to replace the Broadfoots/Weirs and get the rest of the players to play decent football. Players like Furman can also come in, although we'll sell him to Bradford for near to £0.

How many games out of the nine we have remaining do you think we need to win to win the title.

How are we going to do that when we have not won 3 SPL games in a row for 6 months?

The lack of desire and ambition, shown in two out of our last three games and shown at the death of last season, sadly points to the fact that our current squad have no bottle to see the job through.

Our only hope of winning this title lies with our enemy dropping even more points than we will, something that looks less likely after the boost we handed them yesterday.

Yesterday might have been the diddy cup final, but it was another sign that we are on the wrong end of the desire, commitment and bottle stakes, that usually seperates evenly contested squads like the current two poor sides.

SDM should stop looking for a 'buyer' and start offering the club for FREE to anyone willing to spend to bring the team up to a standard befiting the fans, its the only way we are going to make progress, and he would have to transfer the debt into MIH.

I dont know how likely it is that he'd be willing to do this but surely we could find 'suitable' investees if the debt burden was removed, and its a burden of SDM's making, why should we spend the next few years reducing the quality of our playing squad even further and having to sell any players that actually excel? Why continue to punish the fans for his financial mis-management?

SDM turned the club around and put us back in our rightful place at the summit and for that i'm ever grateful but he needs to pass the baton on now before we've gone full circle

How many games out of the nine we have remaining do you think we need to win to win the title.

How are we going to do that when we have not won 3 SPL games in a row for 6 months?

The lack of desire and ambition, shown in two out of our last three games and shown at the death of last season, sadly points to the fact that our current squad have no bottle to see the job through.

Our only hope of winning this title lies with our enemy dropping even more points than we will, something that looks less likely after the boost we handed them yesterday.

Yesterday might have been the diddy cup final, but it was another sign that we are on the wrong end of the desire, commitment and bottle stakes, that usually seperates evenly contested squads like the current two poor sides.

Sadly, I think you speak true.

This is the biggest league title probably since big Colin Stein scored at Easter Road to stop the scums 10 in a row. We need to win it because of our money problems so we need automatic entry to the champs league. So I am desperate for us to win this league but a bit of me worries that if we do win it that bastard Smith will still be in charge. No matter what happens I want Smith and my hero Super Ally out and I want them out now.

SDM should stop looking for a 'buyer' and start offering the club for FREE to anyone willing to spend to bring the team up to a standard befiting the fans, its the only way we are going to make progress, and he would have to transfer the debt into MIH.

I dont know how likely it is that he'd be willing to do this but surely we could find 'suitable' investees if the debt burden was removed, and its a burden of SDM's making, why should we spend the next few years reducing the quality of our playing squad even further and having to sell any players that actually excel? Why continue to punish the fans for his financial mis-management?

SDM turned the club around and put us back in our rightful place at the summit and for that i'm ever grateful but he needs to pass the baton on now before we've gone full circle

While your sentiments are those of many a bear, I don't recall a huge outpouring of anti-spending fervour when we were signing Laudrup, Gazza, van Bronkhorst the de Boers etc. etc. In fact I seem to remember us laughing at the biscuit tin mentality of smellik.

We are all paying now for the success we enjoyed in seasons past, sad but true I'm afraid.