Why do the fans know more than Walter?

Amac9

8 days before the cup final I predicted the exact team Wally would deploy. Now if I can suss him out surely someone like Gordon Starchan, who has much more football knowledge than myself, will be rubbing their hands in delight a week before they face Rangers.

The majority of people on this board know what's best for Rangers but yet Wally, a manager who has been in football for 30+ years, continually gets things wrong and effectively costs us league titles and cups.

90% of people on this board know what's best for Rangers but yet Wally, a manager who has been in football for 30+ years, continually gets things wrong and effectively costs us league titles and cups.

Thats a ridicilous statement to make.

Agreed.

90% of people on here don't even know whats best for themselves!

90% of people on this board know what's best for Rangers but yet Wally, a manager who has been in football for 30+ years, continually gets things wrong and effectively costs us league titles and cups.

Changed just for you mate (tu)

(tu)

8 days before the cup final I predicted the exact team Wally would deploy. Now if I can suss him out surely someone like Gordon Starchan, who has much more football knowledge than myself, will be rubbing their hands in delight a week before they face Rangers.

The majority of people on this board know what's best for Rangers but yet Wally, a manager who has been in football for 30+ years, continually gets things wrong and effectively costs us league titles and cups.

To be fair, every single football fan on the planet truly believes they know more than the manager of their club, it doesnt make them right.

I think the problem with Smith at the moment, is over caution, and, perhaps thats rubbing off on the players.

He started, more or less, with the players we wanted to see up front yesterday, and, we didnt score, even though according to some, the "better movent and pace would destry the dodgy Celtic backline", when, what actually happened is the same thing that people say happen with boyd on the field? Same result, same flat performance. I think we should have had more width, but, at the same time, the only players to actually try and shoot from further out than a yard, were Mendes (once, and off target), Davis (couple of times, off target) and McCulloch, who can do no right, and, shot blocked.

The only particularly wrong thing he did yesterday, was the Dailly sub (which I cant understand) rather than Edu, then again, Edu is not certain to change things, but, the weird bit was, Dailly was the one trying to get forward, while Ferguson and Mendes didnt?? That was weird!

BTW, none of that is a "Walter loyal" post or some other crap like that that seems to be spouted if you dont slate and abuse everyone! Its my take on it

I agree on this though, nearly 90% of the members, myself included, knew the team that Walter would pick vs Celtic - see my Pre Match Analysis for confirmation.

If most of us knew that McCulloch was going to play defensive mid, with Miller up front on his own, and Lafferty wide left, WGS knew it too.

Walter has lost the plot this season. Too cautious and too predictable. Timing of Subs too. Some diabolical displays and results.

Three times he has gone for that formation: Results are 4 dropped points out of 6 and a lost Cup Final. Using that formation we have not scored vs Celtic in three 90 minute spells and extra time.

He never seems to learn.