One simple question

Aaron, Fleck, Beasley, Naisy......... why?

daily doesnt play all season yet in a final

i agree, but i not seen any papers/tv of sort and was at the game, but i take it big lee was injured? if not then why take him off for a even less effective player in his position.

also, i found it quite frustrating that novo got a place on the bench when clearly not fit, and when he did come on was never off his arse.

nothing against the wee guy, he is magic, but being ahead of boys like naisnith, fleck, aaron, beasley, who can/or all play left mid, left me confused.

would have no probs with novo being there if one of the boys mentioned had started/been on the bench also.

he seems to overlook foreign and flair players against celtic i think because he thinks they are not hard enough or don't understand the old firm or something basically he sets out to either sneak a win or not get beat badly

this is why the last three old firm games have been like watching paint dry and we have scored zero goals and conceded 3 late on

he seems to overlook foreign and flair players against celtic i think because he thinks they are not hard enough or don't understand the old firm or something basically he sets out to either sneak a win or not get beat badly

this is why the last three old firm games have been like watching paint dry and we have scored zero goals and conceded 3 late on

He's started doing this in away games against top six sides as well - see Aberdeen. Essentially any tough game is met with excessively conservative tactics, he did the same thing at Everton and with Scotland too.

They 4 players you mentioned all play a different position from Dailly.

Novo and Boyd were our 2 attacking options on the bench.

If you wanted any of those 4 to come in then it would have been Boyd or Novo who would have had to drop out.

If you wanted any of those 4 to come in then it would have been Boyd or Novo who would have had to drop out.

Or Dailly could have dropped out to make way for one of these players.

McCulloch or even Edu could have slotted into the defence in an emergency.

There's no way you could play Edu in defence in an old firm cup final ffs, wouldn't be fair on the lad.

We needed to have an experienced defender on the bench and Dailly was that man.

There's no way you could play Edu in defence in an old firm cup final ffs, wouldn't be fair on the lad.

Would it be fair to throw in a player that hasn't played for 6 months?

With Dailly yes!

He's went through long periods of time not playing regular first team football with the likes of West Ham, but still always played in big international games and did well.

When you've got the experience Dailly has it isn't a problem.

Sorry, can't remember him ever being thrown into an international game after 6 months out.

It was a ridiculous decision to use Dailly on Sunday.

I felt alot safer having Dailly in front of the back than i would had Edu come on.

Dailly played a huge part in our run to the uefa cup final and he is a player we can rely on for the big occasion.

Sorry, can't remember him ever being thrown into an international game after 6 months out.

I felt alot safer having Dailly in front of the back than i would had Edu come on.

Dailly played a huge part in our run to the uefa cup final and he is a player we can rely on for the big occasion.

We didn't need a player to be brought on to play infront of the defence, we had a game to win.

Dailly is not a player we can rely on for the big occasion, as we saw against Kaunas.

Like Kaunaus?

One of the worst Rangers..ever, in my book.

We didn't need a player to be brought on to play infront of the defence, we had a game to win.

Dailly is not a player we can rely on for the big occasion, as we saw against Kaunas.

That was one game where he didn't play to his best like many others.

He's had far far more good games than bad for us.

Dailly is someone i've never really rated in general but at the age of 35 he's well past his sell by date.

Just a decade or so. He'd be better off at a much lower club if he is serious about playing.

Why would he move to a lower club when he's getting ridiculous money for sitting on a bench occasionally?

Yes - i know that. But lets look again at the wingers we had out there on sunday... Lafferty... no, he is a forward and Davis, no he is a centre midfielder... there was none! Daily is old, past it, decrepit, he belongs in a bloody retirement home!

I cant belive how much you defend smith and daily - you in green by any chance?!

Lets look - 4 centre halfs, 3 centre midfielders and a forward in midfield - now is that a team?

Davis in the middle for ferguson alongside mendes - with beasley and aaron on wings gets a huge tick from me - but for walter thats too entertaining and he wants to make our game as boring as he can as his life is probably as boring!

Who was responcible for losing both goals against kaunas?! DAILY! LIABILITY comes to mind! He sits out since that game, and gets a CUP FINAL game?! piss take!

Boyd played that game and was shite - we should have attacked, instead his formation fucked up and went defensive.

That kinda goes against the old "favoured player" tag doesnt it? :craphead: