Has Scotland good chances to qualify for 2010 World Cup?

realistically no, to qualify we really need to take a few points off Holland which i dont see us doing

we should be able to comfortably beat Macedonia and Iceland but Scotland are too inconsistant and are liable to drop points against one of them

realistically no, to qualify we really need to take a few points off Holland which i dont see us doing

we should be able to comfortably beat Macedonia and Iceland but Scotland are too inconsistant and are liable to drop points against one of them

From which teams are Scottish players?

pretty much everyone is based in Scotland with a couple based in England

Darren Fletcher plays for Manchester United

James Morrison plays for West Brom

Craig Gordon plays for Sunderland

i would struggle to think of any good Scorrish players who play outside of Britain

i would struggle to think of any good Scorrish players who play outside of Britain

you missed out iwelumo :pipe:

I remember that for France 1998 you had a good team.

Gallacher, great player jaja. At least he was good in a football computer game I used to play.

Scotlands France 98 Squad was

Goalkeepers:

1 Jim Leighton (Aberdeen)

12 Neil Sullivan (Wimbledon)

21 Jonathon Gould (Celtic)

Defenders:

2 Jackie McNamara (Celtic)

3 Tommy Boyd (Celtic)

4 Colin Calderwood (Tottenham Hotspur)

5 Colin Hendry (Blackburn Rovers)

6 Tosh McKinlay (Celtic)

18 Matt Elliott (Leicester City)

19 Derek Whyte (Aberdeen)

22 Christian Dailly (Derby County)

Midfielders:

8 Craig Burley (Celtic)

11 John Collins (AS Monaco)

14 Paul Lambert (Celtic)

15 Scott Gemmill (Nottingham Forest)

16 Michael Weir (Hearts)

17 Billy McKinlay (Blackburn Rovers)

20 Scott Booth (Borussia Dortmund)

Forwards:

7 Kevin Gallacher (Blackburn Rovers)

9 Gordon Durie (Glasgow Rangers)

10 Darren Jackson (Celtic)

13 Simon Donnelly (Celtic)

I remember that for France 1998 you had a good team.

on paper the current Scotland team is better, but they managed to qualify at least :anguish:

Would love it of course but dont think we will be there :anguish:

Your group does not seem to be very difficult.

Netherlands

Iceland

Macedonia

Norway

You have to beat Macedonia the next time you play with them, and Iceland twice. At least two ties with Netherlands. And one victory and a tie to Norway...

And you`ll be in! :scot:

You have to beat Macedonia the next time you play with them, and Iceland twice. At least two ties with Netherlands. And one victory and a tie to Norway...

And you lot just have to beat teams like Chile...

OH WAIT. :craphead:

And you lot just have to beat teams like Chile...

OH WAIT. :craphead:

Jaja. Yes. We lost against Chile. But there are 9 games left.

And we already won Chile here in Buenos Aires. 2-0, with two great goals of Riquelme.

you missed out iwelumo :pipe:

And Kris Commons

Just seen this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7947922.stm

Hutton recalled to Scotland squad

George Burley has included Alan Hutton in his 26-man Scotland squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against the Netherlands and Iceland.

The Spurs defender has not played since Scotland's last match against Argentina in November because of a foot problem.

There are midfield berths for Derby's Gary Teale and Cardiff's Gavin Rae.

Aberdeen striker Lee Miller is not included and joins Shaun Maloney, James McFadden, Barry Robson and Garry O'Connor on the injury list.

Sunderland goalkeeper Craig Gordon is also included in the squad, despite having played only one game for his club since November.

Gordon lost his first-team place at the Stadium of Light after suffering an ankle injury and has been unable to reclaim it since.

Rae, 31, retains his place in the squad after his surprise call-up for last month's squad gathering at St Andrews.

Rae earned his first call-up for two years 12 months ago, coming off the bench against Croatia and started in May's defeat to the Czech Republic, but has not featured in any of the squads for Scotland's three Group 9 qualifiers so far.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

What do you make of Burley's selections?

Burley has guided Scotland to second place in the table ahead of the 28 March trip to Amsterdam and the 1 April clash with Iceland at Hampden.

Meanwhile, Scotland will play Northern Ireland in a B International in May.

The match will be played at Broadwood Stadium, Cumbernauld, on 6 May.

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Allan McGregor (Rangers), David Marshall (Norwich City).

Defenders: Graham Alexander (Burnley), Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie McAllister (Bristol City), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United), David Weir (Rangers).

Midfield: Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Derby County), Barry Ferguson (Rangers), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Paul Hartley (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Gavin Rae (Cardiff City), Gary Teale (Derby County).

Forwards: David Clarkson (Motherwell), Steven Fletcher (Hibernian), Chris Iwelumo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Ross McCormack (Cardiff City), Kenny Miller (Rangers)

Hutton has been out for nearly 5 months now. Surely that twat Burley isnt gonna risk playing him?

Same goes for Craig Gordon, he hasnt played 1st team football in months although he is fit to play.

Just seen this

George Burley has included Alan Hutton in his 26-man Scotland squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against the Netherlands and Iceland.

The Spurs defender has not played since Scotland's last match against Argentina in November because of a foot problem.

Aberdeen striker Lee Miller is not included and joins Shaun Maloney, James McFadden, Barry Robson and Garry O'Connor on the injury list.

Sunderland goalkeeper Craig Gordon is also included in the squad, despite having played only one game for his club since November.

Gordon lost his first-team place at the Stadium of Light after suffering an ankle injury and has been unable to reclaim it since.

Rae, 31, retains his place in the squad after his surprise call-up for last month's squad gathering at St Andrews.

Rae earned his first call-up for two years 12 months ago, coming off the bench against Croatia and started in May's defeat to the Czech Republic, but has not featured in any of the squads for Scotland's three Group 9 qualifiers so far.

Burley has guided Scotland to second place in the table ahead of the 28 March trip to Amsterdam and the 1 April clash with Iceland at Hampden.

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Allan McGregor (Rangers), David Marshall (Norwich City).

Defenders: Graham Alexander (Burnley), Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie McAllister (Bristol City), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United), David Weir (Rangers).

Midfield: Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Derby County), Barry Ferguson (Rangers), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Paul Hartley (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Gavin Rae (Cardiff City), Gary Teale (Derby County).

Forwards: David Clarkson (Motherwell), Steven Fletcher (Hibernian), Chris Iwelumo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Ross McCormack (Cardiff City), Kenny Miller (Rangers)

Hutton has been out for nearly 5 months now. Surely that twat Burley isnt gonna risk playing him?

Same goes for Craig Gordon, he hasnt played 1st team football in months although he is fit to play.

he would like even more of a twat if he does as he would be contradicting himself in regards to the boyd issue - boyd doesnt get picked as he isnt a regular.

Just seen this

I'd still play an unfit Hutton over Broadfoot and Alexander.

Gordon though shouldn't start as McGregor is a good keeper, who has been playing regularly at a high level.

I reckon we'll finish 2nd although whether we get into the play-offs and then qualify from them is a different matter. I think we might get something in Holland, dunno why though.