back to front fitba.

ever since rangers v ajax pre season 2007-2008, i have watched mcgregor get the ball, roll it out to 16-20 yards, and launch it doon the left mostly to mcculloch, cousin, boyd and recently lafferty, and you know what, i can only recall this ploy working once, in a european tie, where it was flicked on and novo slotted home, i think it was against red star belgrade.

since then, i have watched this ploy countless times, basically coming to no avail.

yesterday, i sat level just above pitch level, and surely, shagger cant be launching these bombs off his own free will, as he must realise, (as it is fukin blindingly obvious) that once in the air, it is at best a 50-50, and more often than not 60-40, 70-30, depending on the players challenging for the ball.

this must b coming from the three pilots at 633 squadron.

now i know there is other aspects of our play which can be scrutinised, but this aspect will never be mastered, where at least other ploys can b practised till better.

in games over the weekend, played by top tier level clubs in europe, i saw this ploy adapted once, and torres got the better of vidic, and netted.

this though is the exception, where in our team it must b the rule.

if walter is such a studious follower of the italian game, does he really think that these teams empty it long on many occasions during a game?

these boys keep the ball for fun, and we only get it back when we hunt it down, u dont see many boys giving it away so freely as us.

just an observation, maybe some one can explain this tactic to me, so i can understand his thinking. :angry:

You would think McGregor would realise that it is getting no joy and try something else. Especially when he is aiming it at Lafferty who is woeful in the air and can't jump.

Time and time again he done it yesterday, it was actually becoming embarassing.

You would think McGregor would realise that it is getting no joy and try something else. Especially when he is aiming it at Lafferty who is woeful in the air and can't jump.

Time and time again he done it yesterday, it was actually becoming embarassing.

lafferty is he about 6ft 4? and he actual jumps about 5ft 8 :craphead:

It appears to be our plan A. I cant remember which game it was, Fiorientina or Sporting when I counted 10 goal kicks played to the left hand side of our attack and not 1 was won in the air. Another one of these basics that we seem to get wrong.