We need a whole new fresh start

gers20

We need backbone at the club..

Too many without it at our club..........we're sinking fast i'm afraid.

People compare just now with the early-mid 80's.It's nothing like that at all cos back then our club had fight and i'd take 7 or 8 from a starting line up back then and replace the mediocre shite we have now.

Our chairman back then would not have lay down to the Daily record or hack journos like Speirs.

Our supporters would have been backed to the hilt and were.

Glasgow Rangers 2009 is a pale shadow of the real Rangers most of us grew up loving...This is my last season and i never thought i'd ever say that.

People compare just now with the early-mid 80's.It's nothing like that at all cos back then our club had fight and i'd take 7 or 8 from a starting line up back then and replace the mediocre shite we have now.

You have got to be fucking joking.

Season 79/80 - 5th

Season 80/81 - 3rd

Season 81/82 - 3rd

Season 82/83 - 4th

Season 83/84 - 4th

Season 84/85 - 4th

Season 85/86 - 5th

Aye, the good old days...

And what fight? The fight to be placed above the likes Dundee or St Mirren in the league? Our club is in difficult times no argument - but back then we were total shite. Unless you're thinking of the bear vs bear terracing fights so common place - do you miss the flying Eldorado and Lanliq bottles from those heady days is that it?

I have to ask - who the fuck are these 7 or 8 would you pick from back then - Billy Urquhart? Jim Denny? Gordon Dalziel? Kenny Watson? Dave MacKinnon?

I can understand the current frustrations of bears - but this romancing of that darkest of times in the 80's is beyond fucking belief.

Still, credit where it's due for some accuracy. You say you're chucking it? That's definitely something mirrored from that period. Backbone is needed you say, but you're for the off?

Will we expect you back when the club returns to winning ways?

Our chairman back then would not have lay down to the Daily record or hack journos like Speirs.

Glasgow Rangers 2009 is a pale shadow of the real Rangers most of us grew up loving...This is my last season and i never thought i'd ever say that.

cheerio now, with that attitude you certainly will not be missed. We need REAL fans at the moment

cheerio now, with that attitude you certainly will not be missed. We need REAL fans at the moment

You mean people who cash out the money to sit down and shup up, never support the team, leave ten minutes before the final whistle and lap up everything the mhedia and Murray offer us ?

I'll fuckin real fans ya prick...real fans who take it up the arse aff Murray

Real fans who do as they're told even though they know it's wrong

real fans who sit on their hands at Ibrox and say nothing......if that's real fans you can stick them up yer arse......tosser

You have got to be fucking joking.

Season 79/80 - 5th

Season 80/81 - 3rd

Season 81/82 - 3rd

Season 82/83 - 4th

Season 83/84 - 4th

Season 84/85 - 4th

Season 85/86 - 5th

Aye, the good old days...

And what fight? The fight to be placed above the likes Dundee or St Mirren in the league? Our club is in difficult times no argument - but back then we were total shite. Unless you're thinking of the bear vs bear terracing fights so common place - do you miss the flying Eldorado and Lanliq bottles from those heady days is that it?

I have to ask - who the fuck are these 7 or 8 would you pick from back then - Billy Urquhart? Jim Denny? Gordon Dalziel? Kenny Watson? Dave MacKinnon?

I can understand the current frustrations of bears - but this romancing of that darkest of times in the 80's is beyond fucking belief.

Still, credit where it's due for some accuracy. You say you're chucking it? That's definitely something mirrored from that period. Backbone is needed you say, but you're for the off?

Will we expect you back when the club returns to winning ways?

Yes the good old days..Dave MacKinnon is better than Broadfoot and Whittaker.

Dalziel was better than Miller...........you wouldn't take back Cooper,Bett,Russell,Jardine,Forsyth,McCoist......???

real fans who sit on their hands at Ibrox and say nothing......if that's real fans you can stick them up yer arse......tosser

My feelings exactly just now mate.

These 'real fans' of ours are willing to sit and watch the club get a lot worse before it gets better.

My main concerns are, as always, with the on-field problems - but I know fine well they're a lot deeper than that. Sitting at Ibrox with our fingers up our arses certainly won't help anything (td)

These 'real fans' of ours are willing to sit and watch the club get a lot worse before it gets better.

My main concerns are, as always, with the on-field problems - but I know fine well they're a lot deeper than that. Sitting at Ibrox with our fingers up our arses certainly won't help anything (td)

Fabulous - another unthinking dig at the fans who go to games in deference to those who want to chuck it? And those who do chuck it - to return when we're back to winning ways presumably - are they 'realer fans' than those who follow follow?

And you pair acquired the right to conclusively define 'real fans' when...? You can't go to all the matches Papaguy - student or something? - but you're quite happy to be singing from Gaffbears songbook about supporters who do go because - well I'm fucked if I know why.

Those who follow The Rangers do it their own way and they do it in a million ways and I'm fine with that. Some go all the time, some when work allows, some when they can afford it, some manage around family commitments, some when vast distances allow, some only when they are lucky enough to be given use of someone's ST, some only on tv because it's the only way they can, some do it noisily at games, some are quiet and so on and on and on.

But you guys have the ticket on what makes another bear a 'real fan' or not? Slagging your fellow bears for choosing to attend come hell or high is pathetic.

But you guys have the ticket on what makes another bear a 'real fan' or not? Slagging your fellow bears for choosing to attend come hell or high is pathetic.

I agree, noone has the right to say what a real fan is or isn't.

would rather have the eighties where i knew that the fans i was standing beside were real bears, not like SOME of the so called fans of today who sit back and accept anything thats put in front of them.

Fabulous - another unthinking dig at the fans who go to games in deference to those who want to chuck it? And those who do chuck it - to return when we're back to winning ways presumably - are they 'realer fans' than those who follow follow?

And you pair acquired the right to conclusively define 'real fans' when...? You can't go to all the matches Papaguy - student or something? - but you're quite happy to be singing from Gaffbears songbook about supporters who do go because - well I'm fucked if I know why.

Those who follow The Rangers do it their own way and they do it in a million ways and I'm fine with that. Some go all the time, some when work allows, some when they can afford it, some manage around family commitments, some when vast distances allow, some only when they are lucky enough to be given use of someone's ST, some only on tv because it's the only way they can, some do it noisily at games, some are quiet and so on and on and on.

I've been going home and away for 32 years pal.

Had a season ticket since 1986 and haven't missed a European game since Valetta in 84 cos i had Shingles....

I've not accused anyone of not being real fans but when some on here have spent the money i have and been places i have and supported Rangers as long as i have they can then judge me.

I grew up at a time supporting Rangers was an honour not a fuckin criminal offence,i'm sick of being told what to sing,not to stand up,where i can sing,what flag i can fly and basically to be British and Protestant and support Rangers then i should feel ashamed.

I'm not ashamed but also i'll not give another penny to over paid mediocre players.A bad manager and a Chairman who gave up on the people who built the club years ago

I was merely responding to the first 'real fan' jibe of the thread, but you happily bypass that point so you can have a nice big rant.

You can't define 'real' by how many games someone goes to because everyone's situation is different, but I would say it's more explainable by looking at how they react to disappointment.

I'm saying that a lot of the casual fans who see Rangers as a hobby won't really be hurt by our recent failure and almost non-existant team potential, while the proper fans are willing to stand up and have their concerns heard.

Take time to read the posts before bursting Levein-style into a nonsense rant. I'll still be there in 10, 20 and 30 years time regardless of what league we're on or who the manager and chairmen are, but we're not reaching our potential just now due to a number of (fixable) things and now is not the time to be idle.

Of course, any action requires a group of people thinking on the same lines. How that pans out will be a different matter.

Had a season ticket since 1986 and haven't missed a European game since Valetta in 84 cos i had Shingles....

I've not accused anyone of not being real fans but when some on here have spent the money i have and been places i have and supported Rangers as long as i have they can then judge me.

I grew up at a time supporting Rangers was an honour not a fuckin criminal offence,i'm sick of being told what to sing,not to stand up,where i can sing,what flag i can fly and basically to be British and Protestant and support Rangers then i should feel ashamed.

I'm not ashamed but also i'll not give another penny to over paid mediocre players.A bad manager and a Chairman who gave up on the people who built the club years ago

well said Gaffbear. (tu)

Well said Gaffbear (tu)

I'm not judging you - nor do I want to. And I've been going much longer than you, pal. That doesn't matter.

But you lashed out that you preferred the early 80's Rangers, but as is nearly always the case, whilst talking about our club and a support then on it's knees, myth building abounds and your vision of our great club being full of fight with a better support is simply not true.

Always proud to follow our greatest of clubs. I'm just like you, British, Protestant and a Rangers supporter - I have never felt ashamed of it.

But now, as in the fallow years in the 80's, I'll be sticking with the team. Then, thousands disappeared when success was thin on the ground, but they came back in droves when success returned.

Maybe we are about to see that again. I'll still be there. And still wont be taking seriously any stick that comes the way of supporters who chose to go to see The Rangers.

It's not just about success..that i could handle as i have done before. It's the shape of the club and the backbone which it has lost.

Growing up a Rangers fan was special.We were always more than a football club ,but that has gone.We are constantly being told we're wrong by our media and our very own chairman.We are not allowed to sing our songs or fly our flags.We're threatened with imprisonment for singing a harmless ditty aimed at our bigoted rivals.

We have a manager who plays players we all know are not good enough,we have players who earn obscene amounts of money for being average considering the rest of us go into our work with redundancy hanging over our heads,they charge over £400 to watch absolute drivel week in week out and we have a support who tell tales on each other and wait for one of us to start singing and grass us in.

This is not the Rangers football club i first went to see in 1975 and who started going to every game with ma Da in 1977 and then myself in 1980 and who has missed a handful of games since..If it was just footballing terms then i could bear it but it's more than that now...they have bled 10's of thousands from me over the years and i sit and watch these people who earn my yearly salary in a few hours not try a leg and not give a fuck.

I will continue to support and love my club and i may still go to games but my season ticket days are over...1. because it's not the Rangers i grew up loving..2. financially it's not realistic either with a new baby coming and job being on shakey nail and 3. because Rangers bore me to absolute deapair now that it's torture watching us.

It's not just about success..that i could handle as i have done before. It's the shape of the club and the backbone which it has lost.

Growing up a Rangers fan was special.We were always more than a football club ,but that has gone.We are constantly being told we're wrong by our media and our very own chairman.We are not allowed to sing our songs or fly our flags.We're threatened with imprisonment for singing a harmless ditty aimed at our bigoted rivals.

We have a manager who plays players we all know are not good enough,we have players who earn obscene amounts of money for being average considering the rest of us go into our work with redundancy hanging over our heads,they charge over £400 to watch absolute drivel week in week out and we have a support who tell tales on each other and wait for one of us to start singing and grass us in.

This is not the Rangers football club i first went to see in 1975 and who started going to every game with ma Da in 1977 and then myself in 1980 and who has missed a handful of games since..If it was just footballing terms then i could bear it but it's more than that now...they have bled 10's of thousands from me over the years and i sit and watch these people who earn my yearly salary in a few hours not try a leg and not give a fuck.

I will continue to support and love my club and i may still go to games but my season ticket days are over...1. because it's not the Rangers i grew up loving..2. financially it's not realistic either with a new baby coming and job being on shakey nail and 3. because Rangers bore me to absolute deapair now that it's torture watching us.

I hear you, Gaff, and I know the despair really eats away at times.

And I'd agree The Rangers of 2009 is a very different club to when I first started going in the 60s - but I can't say my love for the club has ever diminished. The fitba we get these days however - that's another story.

________________Goram

Jardine____Forsyth_____Butcher______Grieg

Henderson__Gascoigne__Souness__Baxter

________McCoist_______Johnstone

Now and again I might swap Hateley for Johnstone, Laudrup for Henderson. Maybe even Cuellar for Butcher - but who in todays team would even make the bench of the all time greatest team?

Imagine the bench choices - Gough, Woods, Cooper, Stein, Smith, Wilson, Wilkins, Numan and so on.

Mendes? Maybe? No one else in the current crop would even come close.