Velicka Against Celtic

OzGers

Does anyone else think that in hindsight Velicka could have done a good job for us on Sunday? I am thinking to the first OF game of the season when Cousin played and in that game you noticed that celtics defense really struggled when up against a striker with real physical presence and the ability to hold up the ball...i think velicka could have provided some of that in the last game...taking away of course his complete lack of match fitness!

i actually think he should have been given some time, he battered celtics defense when he played for hearts

something has obviously happened behind the scenes as its no like walter to not pick someone because they are shite

in fact the worse your playing the more games you get it seems

Celtic defence struggle more when players run at their back four and when teams pass and move on the ground. I still maintain no matter who is deployed as a lone striker we do not have the pace, intelligence and the desire in the midfield to make the supporting runs neccessary for that system--we play it purely as a negative tactic.

Celtic defence struggle more when players run at their back four and when teams pass and move on the ground. I still maintain no matter who is deployed as a lone striker we do not have the pace, intelligence and the desire in the midfield to make the supporting runs neccessary for that system--we play it purely as a negative tactic.

Correct. We could have had Torres up front on Sunday and would still be lucky to score.

When we were reported to have signed him I kind of assumed that Smith had looked at him and gone 'we need someone who can score against the scum, there he is'. I'm sure he was quoted as describing Velicka as a 'big game player' which would lend a bit more weight to that, but he could have been referring to Europe with that one.

he couldnt have done any worse then miller or novo when he came on

but regardless of whether or not he d have done a job i think its about time walter came out and told the fans why he has wasted so much money on players that dont even seem to exisit anymore

When we were reported to have signed him I kind of assumed that Smith had looked at him and gone 'we need someone who can score against the scum, there he is'. I'm sure he was quoted as describing Velicka as a 'big game player' which would lend a bit more weight to that, but he could have been referring to Europe with that one.

Or maybe just his weight :D