How to return Hullo Hullo to the terraces for the crucial OF game

mccoist355

The roar, the defiance, winding up for a big HUUUUULLO! HUUUUULLO! the hair standing up on the back of my neck.

Now this was just in the florida Park on Sunday, imagine getting that back for the next OF game. this is how IMO it could happen - with some help from the supporters groups.

1.Appointed representatives from The Blue Order, Union Bears, Club Deck Loyal, Vanguard Bears, EE fan group etc.. meet (online if need be) and agree something along the lines of the following:

We need to rescue our greatest terrace chant from the dustbin to which its been discarded at matches.

The only sensible way to do this whilst avoiding sanctions against the club is for us to change the words.

2. A new set of words is decided upon, true to our core traditions and values, whilst being robust enough to survive the inevitable spotlight upon which they will be placed - fan votes on the net could also be taken into account.

3. The groups agree they will sing the New TBB at a said time during a said match - ie. The start of the Old Firm match vs the Scum, drowning out YNWA.

4. A joint statement is penned - stating the new words and the philosphy behind it. This is emailed to supporters groups, the club, the media, etc... the word is spread so that as many people are made aware that the New TBB - words included - will be getting sung at particular time. A pot of £50 would cover a hell of a lot of flyers to distribute on match days or day of planned rendition. It is highly likely that the media would pick up on this story and the word would be spread even further afield.

5. The New TBB is sung at said time/said match.

6. the extent to which it works/ the number of people sing it vs old version will determine what happens next.

7. Worst case scenario - the initiative is a failure and messages that TBB is banned are reiterated. A return to status quo with the cost of some time and effort and £50 of print outs.

8. Best case scenario - the majority drowns out any attempts to sing the old words and the chant goes from strength to strength. The club approves of the initative whilst reiterating any return to the old version will result in trouble. The Hullo Hullo roar becomes re-established as the best chant around once again.

We could have this for the next Old Firm game if enough people want it :21:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think there would be far too many people using the old words tbh. Would love to get it back though!!

I disagree but there'd be no harm in trying - if you followed a similar path to that in my OP.

Now more than ever we need it back - its worth a shot (tu)

ill respond to and welcome any constructive criticism of the OP but im ignoring the negative pish.

Well a don't think I shall reply to yor threads no more as you clearly don't get the whole not a problem with using the word fenian thing.

It clearly is a problem otherwise the old chant would still be getting sung. Its not - its dead in the water and will be until its changed.

Changing the words is the only move we've got.

"Our cry is no surrender, we are rangers till we die"

Doesn't work to be honest mate.

The official 'clean' version is the one that would get sung im sure (IF a clean version was to be sung)

ill respond to and welcome any constructive criticism of the OP but im ignoring the negative pish.

You're not going to have much to respond to then.

Aye, its like a broken record!

if the new words sound good then ill go for it , but the words in your sig dont go i dont think

they're just one version ive seen from a previous thread.

choosing the words should ideally be as democratic as possible whilst remaining focused on the fact the whole thing needs to work otherwise its a pointless exercise.

Well a don't think I shall reply to yor threads no more as you clearly don't get the whole not a problem with using the word fenian thing.

It clearly is a problem otherwise the old chant would still be getting sung. Its not - its dead in the water and will be until its changed.

Changing the words is the only move we've got.

Not if folk would stop believeing the pish in the media.

We sing loud and Proud that we hate celtic and they are fenian bastarts, we sang that it was a hell of a way that Scott Brown should die a fenian bastart, and not one peep( minus Britney) came from any media/ SPL. (There was some remarks about the match Offical and TFIO song)

"Our cry is no surrender, we are rangers till we die"

Doesn't work to be honest mate.

The official 'clean' version is the one that would get sung im sure (IF a clean version was to be sung)

so be it - i dont care what "version" was used. I liked that version from a previous thread but everyone's opinion is different.