A new plan for a EUROLEAGUE - multi-tiered apparently.

Poacher

True, but I understood it to be an abandoning of the domestic league to play exclusively in this 3 tier league system. Not sure about it myself. I suspect it would push wages up even more, but it might attract some serious talent given our size, stature and high profile. I'm doubtful of it happening to be honest, but I'm just wondering how it would be orgainised exactly, I mean for admission. Revenue, fan base, ranking? I think fanbase should be an important factor in choosing teams for it. I don't see any point of a top tier starting with a Standard Liege or Villareal just becuse of their ranking.

Guest Andypendek

Worth doing, with the aim of getting out the SPL in due course. We might have to do both for some time but there's no doubting, the domestic setup has run it's course. Nigh on 150 years is a good innings, but it's as boring as anything now.

Worth doing, with the aim of getting out the SPL in due course. We might have to do both for some time but there's no doubting, the domestic setup has run it's course. Nigh on 150 years is a good innings, but it's as boring as anything now.

Good lord it is isn't it? It's unbelievably difficult to get excited about St Mirren, Inverness, Kilmarnock et al in a 2 horse race league that seems to be getting worse and worse.

I used to defend the SPL back in the day but now I just agree with folk when they slag it, usually give it even more of a hard time than the english folks down here.