We need a "hole" player

wallaceIII

I can remember watching Ronald De Boer playing behind the two strikers and I think that we are in desperate need of a similar type of player to fill the gap in the middle between the strikers and the midfield. To be honest we should have kept Buffel as he would have excelled in that position..too bad Walter Smith doesnt like any sort of creativity whatsoever...I think that Fleck or even Rory Loy will be able to play in that position in the future if we train them properly...its shocking to think that even a few years ago we had a player like Dado Prso giving his all in every game and fighting for that blue shirt. In my opinion Nacho Novo is the only guy with passion on our team but he's too small and needs somebody up there with him to win balls and provide through balls for him to run onto. Also think that's the reason why myself included a lot of us are on Boyd's back, because we watch the reruns of games with a class player like Prso running for everything and dictating play then we go to the park and see Boyd sitting at the 6 yard box all game waiting for a pass only to either go offside or fuck up the concuring chance.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcgregor's good in the hole. :craphead:

Seriously, I agree but I doubt we'll get a trequartista/fantasista - continental Number 10 - type player while Walter is in charge.

But then we'd need to drop a current centre mid and have one who's willing to play purely as a defensive player. That's fine if it's Fleck and Thomson together, but terrible if you're thinking it's possible we can drop Barry or Pedro.

Either that or it's the 4-2-3-1 La Liga style, and the chances of that...

Dont; give Walter ideas, thats Lee's next position

Already played it, well tried, against Liverpool at home.

Alright, so that's where he was supposed to be playing in that game!

He'll give Arshavin and Modric a run for their money on his day :ph34r:

Walter played big Dunc on the wing ffs

Is that true? I cant really remember that far back!

unfortunately true.

Did he do the same at Everton?

I am sure I saw him play Dunc at CB for Everton at least once.

I can remember watching Ronald De Boer playing behind the two strikers and I think that we are in desperate need of a similar type of player to fill the gap in the middle between the strikers and the midfield. To be honest we should have kept Buffel as he would have excelled in that position..too bad Walter Smith doesnt like any sort of creativity whatsoever...I think that Fleck or even Rory Loy will be able to play in that position in the future if we train them properly...its shocking to think that even a few years ago we had a player like Dado Prso giving his all in every game and fighting for that blue shirt. In my opinion Nacho Novo is the only guy with passion on our team but he's too small and needs somebody up there with him to win balls and provide through balls for him to run onto. Also think that's the reason why myself included a lot of us are on Boyd's back, because we watch the reruns of games with a class player like Prso running for everything and dictating play then we go to the park and see Boyd sitting at the 6 yard box all game waiting for a pass only to either go offside or fuck up the concuring chance.

The truth of the matter is throughout his Rangers career Buffel was a hit and miss player who failed to deliver on a regular basis and he fell well out the first team long before Walter arrived.

We don't have anyone capable of playing that role atm so sticking to 4-4-2 is best for us.

Fleck or aaron look more than capable with players like ferguson/davis/mendes behind them, especially seeing as we lack any width

playing this couldnt do any harm

Davis Ferguson Mendes

Fleck

Lafferty Miller

If its fails Fleck can move out wide