Our defence - 2009/2010

Muff

Bougherra - Mr Consistant, a class act - a player we'll struggle to hold onto in the summer.

Weir - finished!

Papac - he's a player who 'does a job' (a saying I hate) we need a better LB IMHO.

Broadfoot - lacks the basics, a terrible footballer. Bottom 6 material.

Whittaker - just as bad as Broadfoot. He's never going to be consistant enough and he too lacks the basics at times.

Webster - finished!

S. Smith - finished!

Dailly - off in the summer, should never have been given a new contract last summer.

McCulloch - never a defender, infact never a footballer.

McMillan - I'm a big fan but he's been very shaky at Hamilton along with a few injuries.

Lowing - simply not good enough.

Wilson, Wylde, Kinniburgh, Harvey....not been given a chance.

So come the start of next season we could only be left with only Papac, Whittaker and Broadfoot along with some youngsters who have never played in the 1st team. How the hell are we going to afford a defence witht he right quality let along the other many positions we require?

Wally got it all wrong in the summer of 2008 once again - he brought in too many central midfielders and strikers.

He's going to leave us in the shitter just like he did in his 1st spell, only this time we don't have the money to rebuild with quality.

Bougherra - Mr Consistant, a class act - a player we'll struggle to hold onto in the summer.

Weir - finished!

Papac - he's a player who 'does a job' (a saying I hate) we need a better LB IMHO.

Broadfoot - lacks the basics, a terrible footballer. Bottom 6 material.

Whittaker - just as bad as Broadfoot. He's never going to be consistant enough and he too lacks the basics at times.

Webster - finished!

S. Smith - finished!

Dailly - off in the summer, should never have been given a new contract last summer.

McCulloch - never a defender, infact never a footballer.

McMillan - I'm a big fan but he's been very shaky at Hamilton along with a few injuries.

Lowing - simply not good enough.

Wilson, Wylde, Kinniburgh, Harvey....not been given a chance.

So come the start of next season we could only be left with only Papac, Whittaker and Broadfoot along with some youngsters who have never played in the 1st team. How the hell are we going to afford a defence witht he right quality let along the other many positions we require?

Wally got it all wrong in the summer of 2008 once again - he brought in too many central midfielders and strikers.

He's going to leave us in the shitter just like he did in his 1st spell, only this time we don't have the money to rebuild with quality.

aye thats if he leaves

is he not on a decent contract so even if we want to get rid we might not be able to afford it

Brings me back to the Kaunas debacle. The 7m on strikers when we had 5! No replacements for Ferguson, Davis or Cuellar. Cost us millions. Daily needlessly giving away a corner when he chested it out was just ridiculous and guess what they scored.

We have the best defence in Scotland. It might look bad on paper, but it's fine... could be improved though.

Not really anything to be proud of as it's really not that good.

Next season it will possibly be even weaker and that's what I'm getting at.

We have the best defence in Scotland. It might look bad on paper, but it's fine... could be improved though.

Not really anything to be proud of as it's really not that good.

Next season it will possibly be even weaker and that's what I'm getting at.

Suppose being better than Hinkler and Loovens is nothing to be proud of (tu)

Weir will definitely be playing here next season. Wait and see - that is if WS is still here.

If he's here next season then we're in big trouble!

Wouldn't surprise me if Dailly was offered another contract.

Surely not? :anguish:

If Smith's willing to play him in a cup final against celtic, then I don't see why he wouldn't be willing to give him another contract. Hope I'm wrong though.

so do i.

Thats the one saving grace, I suppose.

If we *do* win the league we'll be guarenteed CL money and a place in this cup in Spain in the summer which gives us some added cash and prestige. Not that a friendly cup in spain will make a huge difference or anything.