Maradona is talking right now on TV

He is talking about Riquelme. He is saying that he will never return to the national team as long as he is the coach. That he has a lot of players to think about and choose. But he is also sorry, as he claims that "his dream was to be Riquelme`s coach". He also said that he resented the fact that Boca fans sang songs supporting Riquelme and insulting Maradona last Sunday, and the flags Boca fans displayed last game on Sunday, insulting him and supporting Riquelme. I assume you know that Maradona played in Boca and was, at least two weeks ago, the maximum idol for almost every Boca fan.

If you are not much aware of the situation, I will explain it to you: Maradona, on a TV show, criticized Riquelme for his low performances. So, Riquelme, out of anger, quit to the national team, and by TV, also. So, a mediatic fight begun on TV, newspapers and radio, about who was right. There were a lot of people who supported Maradona (almost everyone in the country) and the ones who supported Riquelme (Boca fans).

I dont support anyone. Riquelme was playing awful but Maradona should have told them what he thought on private, not on TV.

You dont know Maradona as I know him, British people. Argentineans eat Maradona, breath Maradona, see Maradona on TV, listen to him on the radio, watch his face on the TV. The goal he scored to the English in 1986, the second goal, I have seen it so many times I know it by hard, even the name of the English players who wanted to tackle him in that goal. Maradona is not a balanced person. First of all, he was a drug addict, so he does not have much of his brain left. But what I mean is that he always have to be "in the eye of the storm", is like a neccesity to him. He has to be the best, like back in 80s, or the worst, like back in 90s, where he almost dies. I wish the best for him as a coach and I think he is the best player of history, but I am afraid it will be not the only fight or scandal we will have from Maradona.

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Being labelled a traitor by fans of his favourite club Boca Juniors had been deeply upsetting, Argentina coach Diego Maradona said on Wednesday.

"It hurt me in the soul that they have branded me a traitor but I can't do anything about it," he told Radio Mitre.

The insults followed Boca playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme's decision last week to quit the Argentine national side, saying that he could not work with the coach. Riquelme was upset that Maradona made public comments about his playing style.

Before Sunday's game with Argentinos Juniors, Boca fans gave Riquelme a rapturous ovation and some banners described Maradona, who has always been treated as a hero at the club, as a traitor.

"I don't blame the supporters, they have the right to support whoever they want," said Maradona.

"I can't do absolutely anything about it apart from continuing on my way.

"I've explained that I wanted Riquelme in my team but they have seen it the way they choose to see it."

Maradona, who has his own box at the Bombonera stadium, said he would return to the arena and was not bitter with the supporters.

"Of course, I'll return. The last thing I would do in my life would be to get angry with the Boca public."

Read this somewhere earlier tho great to have Argentinian take on it.

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-38584120090319

Now here's something I never thought i'd see:

Riquelme = BOYD. :craphead:

Why do you say that?

We have a player here at Rangers named Kris Boyd, our top goalscorer. The manager of the Scottish national team decided not to play him and this started a long feud which ended in a big argument and Boyd quitting the country's team. Similar thing. (tu)

Edit: Cheers Boab!

Why do you say that?

We have a player here at Rangers named Kris Boyd, our top goalscorer. The manager of the Scottish national team decided not to play him and this started a long feud which ended in a big argument and Boyd quitting the country's team. Similar thing. (tu)

Jajaj yes i know Boyd.

Scottish people in general supports Boyd or the manager?

Why do you say that?

Our player Kris Boyd quit the Scottish national team after being left on the bench in favour of two untested strikers in an important World Cup Qualifier which we then drew.

Why do you say that?

He is saying that because he is in the same position as Kris Boyd. Both players left their national team and are no longer wanted for their respected teams (tu)

...By the way, welcome to the forum mate. Haven't welcomed you before so here is my late hello :)

Why do you say that?

Our player Kris Boyd quit the Scottish national team after being left on the bench in favour of two untested strikers in an important World Cup Qualifier which we then drew.

Good summary Brissy.

Why do you say that?

Jajaj yes i know Boyd.

I'm not really sure. George Burley isn't really popular right now as Scotland manager as he has undone all the good work from Walter Smith and Alex McLeish previously. It would have been a wise decision to bring on Boyd against Norway at that stage of the game as we were chasing the winner and we missed a chance that Boyd would have scored from. Personally, I feel Boyd threw his toys out the prams.

Argentina were wrong to appoint from a romantic point of view and not the best manager for the job.

It would be like Gazza taking over England. Truly.

Why do you say that?

Jajaj yes i know Boyd.

I'm not really sure. George Burley isn't really popular right now as Scotland manager as he has undone all the good work from Walter Smith and Alex McLeish previously. It would have been a wise decision to bring on Boyd against Norway at that stage of the game as we were chasing the winner and we missed a chance that Boyd would have scored from. Personally, I feel Boyd threw his toys out the prams.

But let us not forget sometimes people are indeed entitled to throw their toys out of the pram.

Why do you say that?

Jajaj yes i know Boyd.

in a case like this i would usually defend the coach but burley is a fucking idiot. Who in there right mind brings fletcher and iwelumo on before boyd?

Argentina were wrong to appoint from a romantic point of view and not the best manager for the job.

Well, when Maradona assumed as the coach, that was a criticism made to that decision.

Well, when Maradona assumed as the coach, that was a criticism made to that decision.

How has he done so far with the games? Only one I know of was his 2-0 debut at Hampden.

How has he done so far with the games? Only one I know of was his 2-0 debut at Hampden.

Under his coaching, Argentina beat Scotland 1-0 and France 2-0.

Next Saturday, Argentina plays against Venezuela for 2010 World Cup qualifiers.