Rangers this season

nvager

This season is so frustrating.

After last season when we had so much to look forward to - up to the end anyway - this season has been a big letdown.

First Walter's mad spending.

Second Kaunas

Third Thomson being injured.

Fourth St. Mirren

Five Returning after a spell to top the league despite the Aberdeen game.

Six ICT!!

Seven LCF!!

So many up and downs and weird team selections.

General apathetic displays the first half of almost every game.

All this drives me nuts at times as it is in my mind so uneccessary.

Still we can and must win the SPL but can we really be consistent enough to do that?

Anyone else feeling as frustrated as I am as a supporter? Anyone NOT?

This season is so frustrating.

After last season when we had so much to look forward to - up to the end anyway - this season has been a big letdown.

First Walter's mad spending.

Second Kaunas

Third Thomson being injured.

Fourth St. Mirren

Five Returning after a spell to top the league despite the Aberdeen game.

Six ICT!!

Seven LCF!!

So many up and downs and weird team selections.

General apathetic displays the first half of almost every game.

All this drives me nuts at times as it is in my mind so uneccessary.

Still we can and must win the SPL but can we really be consistent enough to do that?

Anyone else feeling as frustrated as I am as a supporter? Anyone NOT?

Just as frustrated - think things will need to get worse before getting better - Total change of managerial philosophy needed from the top down - we should have won the league last year and are contriving to throw it away this year - The manager soldiers on down the same blinkered path week in week out - its a shame to see him tarnishing his reputation but surely he must realise his time is up.

I'm honestly not as negative as some of my posts must sound, but I have to say even last year I didn't see us as being other than disappointing. Of course I was over the moon with our run in the UEFA Cup and the fact we got to the final. But I was disappointed with the negative tactics. We weren't a great side, but look at the great results v Stuttgart and Lyon. Couldn't we have kept that going, taking the games to teams even away?

Then the next thing, Walter had everyone sitting so deep and no open play. Not attractive at all. Would I have swapped the UEFA Cup final last year for more attractive football but an early exit? Maybe.

Easier for me to say here than if I had been able to enjoy every minute of the occasion in the UK. But I think we have the potential to be a club known for our attractive football and attacking flair. We were devoid of that last year.

This year, our core problems continue. IMO, Barry Ferguson should not be the core of our midfield. He should be playing only to the extent he compliments what Mendes is bringing to the side. Barry's performance at the LCF was the definition of what he has done for the last two years. Run around, huff and puff and ultimately make very little impact.

We have talented players. Even our worst players are surely better than what St Mirren etc are capable of fielding weekly. And yet every week we toil. And when even our own fans are saying sides like Hamilton are playing more attractive football, well it is simply beyond belief.

It's awfully frustrating, last season was an excellent season, Walter has really got us down a shithole.

It was more frustrating, the manner at which the league was thrown away

The games at motherwell and aberdeen were just fucking horrific

It's awfully frustrating, last season was an excellent season, Walter has really got us down a shithole.

It was more frustrating, the manner at which the league was thrown away

The games at motherwell and aberdeen were just fucking horrific

It was excellent bar the league.

Getting to an UEFA Cup Final was just a fantastic feeling, too bad we lost it. :anguish:

I think that too many players are a) just not good enough or b) played out of position. About 50 - 50 in that regard.

Too much money wasted by Walter on inadequate talent. Kaunas killed this season off with the mad spending then Thomson's injury and bringing Barry back way too soon; ditto McGregor.

Very frustrating. If WS does not win the SPL he has a lot to answer for.

I think that too many players are a) just not good enough or b) played out of position. About 50 - 50 in that regard.

Too much money wasted by Walter on inadequate talent. Kaunas killed this season off with the mad spending then Thomson's injury and bringing Barry back way too soon; ditto McGregor.

Very frustrating. If WS does not win the SPL he has a lot to answer for.

If we don't win the title then WS shouldn't be given the chance to answer.