Rangers do NOT play like Hearts

Danny

Walter Smith reacted with strongly today to Csaba Laszlo’s suggestion that Hearts and Rangers play with similarly defensive styles ahead of the pair’s meeting in this weekend’s SPL card.

Yesterday the Hearts boss had told the Gorgie support to accept the fact that winning is about containment football, highlighting the example set by the Old Firm.

Laszlo said: "I like Walter. When I meet him we have a good conversation. Rangers and Celtic would always like to play good football but reality is different."

Rangers: angry Smith slaps-down Hearts suggestion

But Smith blasted the notion, saying: “It’s not similar to Rangers. Rangers don’t play that way in domestic games and I wish you would all get that.

“Rangers don’t play like Hearts in the majority of domestic matches. We have done on occasion against Celtic; we have done in European but we do not do so against other teams in the Scottish league.”

http://sport.stv.tv/home/83579-rangers-smi...rts-suggestion/

Sorry if posted already, I didn't see anything.

Either way, to say we don't play defensively (especially away from home) is actually brass neck of the tallest order.

What about Aberdeen at Pittodrie a few months back?

And what about last season when Walter set up 4-5-1 for games against Hibs at home, Celtic home and away, Dundee Utd...

he did admit to the celtic one, but when u mention the rest u wonder what he is talking about, maybe he doesnt see it as defenive?

but we defo do not play defensive everyweek,thats his point he is trying to make here.

Walter's a wank.

(tu) i am convinced he is taking the utter kunt out of us now. Why doesnt he collect his pension and fuck off.

Agreed,he thinks he's better than he is and is too stubborn to give a fuck about what we think,Walter do the club some good and gtf.

What about Aberdeen at Pittodrie a few months back?

And what about last season when Walter set up 4-5-1 for games against Hibs at home, Celtic home and away, Dundee Utd...

he did admit to the celtic one, but when u mention the rest u wonder what he is talking about, maybe he doesnt see it as defenive?

but we defo do not play defensive everyweek,thats his point he is trying to make here.

That doesen't make it alright though,we should not be playing 4-5-1 agains the tims.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7955768.stm

Terrible attitude from Smith again, the way he's talking he doesn't think current critisism is deserved!

I'm fucking sick of him :angry: ! You can predict his whole fucking interview practically,yet again tells the media how good hearts are,says it will be a test of our determination,sorry walter that test has been and gone a long fucking time ago.

After reading those comments I can't help but wonder if he is starting to feel the pressure.

He's been feeling the pressure ever since the 0-0 at Fir Park last season.

After reading those comments I can't help but wonder if he is starting to feel the pressure.

Wasn't that 1-1, the game we finally lost the initiative in the league? I was there that day, one of my lowest points in terms of games i've been too.

And i'm not so sure he does feel pressure, sometimes i think he's happy to live off the seven titles he won in the 90s and on how we nearly won a quadruple, despite us finishing second in the two most important of those four trophies.

Wasn't that 1-1, the game we finally lost the initiative in the league? I was there that day, one of my lowest points in terms of games i've been too.

And i'm not so sure he does feel pressure, sometimes i think he's happy to live off the seven titles he won in the 90s and on how we nearly won a quadruple, despite us finishing second in the two most important of those four trophies.

Sorry I meant the 0-0 game at Easter Road.

Sorry I meant the 0-0 game at Easter Road.

I'm not so sure if that would have been his breaking point, we did win a couple of home games after that and had the UEFA Cup Final to look forward too, so he'd not have been feeling the pressure then. I was actually at that game as well, arrived 15 minutes late due to the traffic but surprise surprise i hadn't missed much.

We had a 0-0 at Fir Park and Easter Road one the week after the other didn't we? The two games that killed our season, along with Manchester.

Nope, we drew 0-0 at Easter Road, then beat Motherwell at Ibrox in midweek and Dundee Utd that Saturday. Then it was Manchester followed by the 1-1 game at Fir park.