Race against time from the RFC Website

nvager

RANGERS could be without THREE first-choice defenders when they play Hearts tomorrow at Ibrox in the SPL.

Veteran stopper David Weir will definitely miss out as he is suspended after his red card against Inverness in the last league game earlier this month.

But Kirk Broadfoot and Madjid Bougherra are at risk of joining him on the sidelines as they struggle to overcome injuries in time.

Bougherra missed last Sunday's League Cup final against Celtic with a calf knock and he is still seen as a slight doubt.

While Broadfoot was able to play in the game at Hampden, he has a problem with his foot and after playing for two hours just five days ago he hasn't totally recovered.

Each player will be given the opportunity to show they're fit and able to take part in the crucial clash with the Jambos.

But if they're also ruled out, the likes of Lee McCulloch, Christian Dailly and Andy Webster could be summoned to feature at the back.

Teenager Danny Wilson, who was on the bench for the recent Scottish Cup tie at St Johnstone, could be another option.

Kevin Thomson is the only other confirmed absentee for Gers as he continues his rehabilitation from a serious knee injury.

But it's the situation he's faced with in his rearguard which will be causing the most concern to Walter Smith at this stage.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1597155,00.html

Webster IS fit though and Wilson is an option.

knowing smith it'll be:

Papac McCulloch Weir Dailly

:anguish:

Ive got a bad feeling about this game and think it'll be 0-0 for most of it and they'll grab a late one...its a sad day when we're fearing playing Hearts at Ibrox...

Andy Webster :anguish:

I wouldn't play him in a bounce match let along a SPL game at this stage in the season. As for Danny Wilson, I don't know why they even mentioned his name as there is no chance he'll feature - McCulloch and Dailly are ahead of him - that say's it all about our manager.

knowing smith it'll be:

Papac McCulloch Weir Dailly

:anguish:

Ive got a bad feeling about this game and think it'll be 0-0 for most of it and they'll grab a late one...its a sad day when we're fearing playing Hearts at Ibrox...

Weir is SUSPENDED for this game.

RANGERS could be without THREE first-choice defenders when they play Hearts tomorrow at Ibrox in the SPL.

Veteran stopper David Weir will definitely miss out as he is suspended after his red card against Inverness in the last league game earlier this month.

But Kirk Broadfoot and Madjid Bougherra are at risk of joining him on the sidelines as they struggle to overcome injuries in time.

Bougherra missed last Sunday's League Cup final against Celtic with a calf knock and he is still seen as a slight doubt.

While Broadfoot was able to play in the game at Hampden, he has a problem with his foot and after playing for two hours just five days ago he hasn't totally recovered.

Each player will be given the opportunity to show they're fit and able to take part in the crucial clash with the Jambos.

But if they're also ruled out, the likes of Lee McCulloch, Christian Dailly and Andy Webster could be summoned to feature at the back.

Teenager Danny Wilson, who was on the bench for the recent Scottish Cup tie at St Johnstone, could be another option.

Kevin Thomson is the only other confirmed absentee for Gers as he continues his rehabilitation from a serious knee injury.

But it's the situation he's faced with in his rearguard which will be causing the most concern to Walter Smith at this stage.

There's two words I never thought I'd see in one sentance. doh

its OK - we Will beat Hearts! I hope!!

Indeed we will nvager, that's the spirit! :clap:

The article says Bougherra is a slight doubt, so maybe some should refrain from all-out panic for now?

Also, while Danny Wilson is a very good prospect at CB there is no way he should be shoved into a makeshift defence on his debut, especially when we have other more reliable options. Sure, Dailly isn't the ideal player we want to see in a Rangers shirt, but he is highly experienced at CB and will do a job when called upon. I know I'd rather see him than McCulloch or Webster in that position. Luckily for us, Hearts have possibly the poorest striker in the SPL at the moment in Christian Nade (touch wood), therefore whoever plays at CB should be able to cope.

There's two words I never thought I'd see in one sentance. doh

Unless they were seperated by the words 'Is not'.

For the visit of Hearts this afternoon, it is a lack of defenders, rather than wingers, that is troubling Smith most. David Weir is suspended, while both Madjid Bougherra and Kirk Broadfoot are doubtful with knocks. "We will give both of the injured players every opportunity to make it, but obviously they remain a doubt," Smith confirmed, while adding that Andy Webster is also injured again. "We are starting to think of Lee McCulloch and Christian Dailly, but we're hoping that one of the two lads will make it."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...st_trophies.php