Walter: Wingers are the one thing in our team we are really struggling to get.

Boab

He did reveal, however, a frustration at a lack of suitable wide players capable of opening opponents up. "Wingers are the one thing in our team we are really struggling to get. If you look overall, that's what we need more than anything else. You have to place the onus on younger players to look at that aspect of the game and it's not easy for them to come into the environment like that. So that has been one aspect we've been lacking in. Not just this season, but last season as well. We have spent a lot of time looking for them and they are not an easy commodity to find."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...st_trophies.php

He did reveal, however, a frustration at a lack of suitable wide players capable of opening opponents up. "Wingers are the one thing in our team we are really struggling to get. If you look overall, that's what we need more than anything else. You have to place the onus on younger players to look at that aspect of the game and it's not easy for them to come into the environment like that. So that has been one aspect we've been lacking in. Not just this season, but last season as well. We have spent a lot of time looking for them and they are not an easy commodity to find."

Please just ssshh now. Set the team out as you see fit but ffs stop giving the mhedia bullets.

Everytime walter opens his trap and all that guff spews out, i just want to take some duct tape and tape his mouth shut.

past few days have been nothing but embarrasing, playing style, defenders, tactics and now wingers.

ps

i did say walter was trying to rid our club of wingers but was told i was talking shit. *cries

Walter Walter. What a fool you're starting to look with this type of crap.

Aren't you the one who signed about 80 players last summer, none of whom were dedicated wingers?

We had only Beasley, Burke and Fleck - one isn't a winger and the former 2 are/were totally out of form. But they ARE wingers.

This is actually astonishing commentary from Smith.

Aren't you the one who signed about 80 players last summer, none of whom were dedicated wingers?

We had only Beasley, Burke and Fleck - one isn't a winger and the former 2 are/were totally out of form. But they ARE wingers.

This right here Danny that sentantce that is Smith to a T right now/

Astonishing is mild..

I dont have a word for it...

Right now I'm speechless.

What is a player like beasley going to do? He came back into the team with a start against hamilton and played a lot better than he had done previously, getting forward and winning a lot of free kicks, then hes nowhere to be seen again, then we are sitting with young aaron and plenty of youngsters who could be tried out who could be just as good for us as Driver is for hearts

Beasley raped a very good Mexico team. he never plays at Rangers yet he always plays well for USA, but nowhere near the form of his PSV days, though. I think if he could get a good run he could be a great player again given what your manager is saying.

Have there been any games that he played just horribly? Its very frustrating from a USA fan's point of view, although I would certainly understand you guys if you think he isn't the best option. I'm just saying that what Smith is complaining about in that post is exactly what Beaze showed against Mexico.

says the guy who decided to sign Miller Velicka and Lafferty for a grand total of 5 mill + while Novo Boyd Naismith Cousin and Fleck were already at the club..we couldve used that 5 mill on a top drawer winger like Bresciano...FFS we could've even brought Lovenkrands back and he would've done alright back on the wing with his pace. Even if we had decided to just save the 5 mill for January our squad shouldve looked like this:

Mcgregor

Whittaker Weir Bougherra Papac

Novo Davis Mendes Lovenkrands

Cousin/ Miller Boyd/Fleck

The pace on that team would've ripped apart opposing Defences on the counter in a style similar to Man Utd's and that squad would be able to carry that useless cunt Boyd for him to put all the goals away. A Davis and Mendes partnership in the middle putting through balls into the wings with the wingers darting towards the area putting in balls for Cousin and Novo.

Just thinking about that small small difference with Lovenkrands and Cousin here would turn everything bad that has happened this season around.

The summer should've went this weeks before Kaunus:

Transfers out:

Cueller- 10,000,000 (we REALLY should have got more for him, and right up front)

McGregor- 5,000,000 (he had just had a great season and teams wouldve been willing to pay).

Ferguson- 4,000,000 (Im sure Newcastle would still shell out a good 4 mill for him...he just isnt the player we need at rangers).

McCulloch- 1,000,000 (Hull City WERE interested)

Total: 20,000,000

Transfers In:

Edu- 2,700,000

Lovenkrands- 1,000,000

Miller- 2,000,000

Davis- 4,000,000

Total: just under 10,000,000

That leaves 10 mill to keep the banker cunts happy and then with the squad I posted earlier in the post we would have had NO trouble whatsoever getting to the group stage of the CL which would be another 10,000,000. 5 mill of that could either have been put towards a CB like Tonel to partner Bougherra and our defence would be set.

Its shocking how badly our club has been mismanaged.

Dear Walter,

Please resign, fuxsake, this pish is only a long line of pish (perhaps excuses) coming from your mouth just now, when you add in Dailly for McCulloch last Sunday, just go, fuck off, disappear, piss off.

Your kindest true blue regards

Dummiesoot.

A truly unbeliable statement to make.

I don't care what Walter says, wingers come ten a penny in every country in Europe.

If we can't find one it's because of him and his teams shortcomings, not a lack of wingers.

I'll try and defend his comments - if only because it helps make sense to me.

Smith cannot come out and say: "We already have wingers, but I don't use them much because they regularly fail to deliver what is required."

And yes, wingers may well be ten a penny, but finding one better than we have, at a price we can afford and who is also willing to come to Scotland would narrow the choice down severely.

Smith get's enough things wrong, but I think the slaughtering he's getting over this is more a reflection of general dissatisfaction rather than comment specific.

What about Burke? we paid to get rid of him when we should have just kept him until the end of the season. To me he was a cracking wee player (when fit). I know a lot of people on here dont like him, but he fairly brightened things up when he was on. He also had the best delivery in the team (in my opinion).

A truly unbeliable statement to make.

I don't care what Walter says, wingers come ten a penny in every country in Europe.

If we can't find one it's because of him and his teams shortcomings, not a lack of wingers.

I'll try and defend his comments - if only because it helps make sense to me.

Smith cannot come out and say: "We already have wingers, but I don't use them much because they regularly fail to deliver what is required."

And yes, wingers may well be ten a penny, but finding one better than we have, at a price we can afford and who is also willing to come to Scotland would narrow the choice down severely.

Smith get's enough things wrong, but I think the slaughtering he's getting over this is more a reflection of general dissatisfaction rather than comment specific.

Perhaps that is the case, but a lack of width has been a problem since Smith came back.

You think his team would have come across one winger who fits the criteria in that time?

Walter has never really been in favour of wingers as we think of them.He has mostly bought or utilised wide midfielders who offered more in protection of the the full backs. A Walter team had one attacking full back to provide width with a central defender in the other full back position to balance this. Apart from a couple of noteable exception his wide players have been midfielders or strikers playing wide.

Guest Andypendek

That's true, if you discount Eamonn Bannon, Ralph Milne, Davie Cooper, Mark Walters, Pieter Huistra, David Hagen, Iain McColl, John Morrow, and Brian Laudrup.

He can't win. If we don't sign someone in any given window, we have no scout system, we only sign players from teams we've played, we suck. If he comes out and says he's been really looking for someone to make us better in that position, he's talking pish, giving the media ammo.

I don't know what it is you want from him.