Renew Or Not... Is this the Camel & Straw Year?

schwantz

Here I am as usual scrolling through some of the Rangers forums on a Saturday, looking for any news of the team and anything else related to Rangers - and thus its been for as long as I can remember, although years ago it was the newspapers that captured my attention.

As the season ticket renewal time is just around the corner, I cant help wondering is this year I will actually renew....

Its the old 'heart or head' argument:

My heart tells me stick with it, like you have since the early 70's, next year will get better, Murray will sell up and we'll get a Gers man in charge that will stick up for the club & supporters and restore some of our traditions and pride.

My head says Murray is taking you for a mug, he sees you as a customer and cash source, nothing more. In fact he and his lackies despise you and everything you and your fellow supporters stand for and berate you for daring to speak out against his regime. Meanwhile he continues to asset strip the club, and financially run it into the ground.

What to do eh? Do I stick with it or continue to pump cash into Murray's mismanagement?

Then again what would I do on a Saturday, (or Sunday)? When I walk up Edmiston Drive at around 2.30 today, and I see Ibrox, I will feel the excitement, anticipation and yes pride of sitting in a place I've been going to longer than my memory will recall. But when I take my seat, and glance across at Murray, Bain, McLellend et al, (yes he still sits there) I feel nothing but anger and contempt at their smugness, while all around them decent Rangers fans are in utter despair at the state of the club.

Decisions decisions - but as usual I'll probably renew - but its going to be a tight decision this year !!

I cant help wonder how many other Gers supporters feel like me?

Rant over, I'm off to the game !

Edit - Third option, protest and get the bastard out ! But I guess that wont work either...sigh

"Though the straits be broad or narrow its follow we will"

OR

"When the straits start getting narrow, stop following we will"

:rolleyes:

Regarding Murray, we all want a change - but until theres a viable alternative, and Murray refuses it, there shouldnt be open rebellion.

FFS we could be Champions in 1 and a half months!!!

Depends if folks are happy watching the stuff that's on offer. I mean go into a shop looking for a mars bar, and they don't sell chocolate, do you buy crisps instead? What is it the people want? You have to make your mind up, but if the products not on offer, do you buy anyway?

"Though the straits be broad or narrow its follow we will"

OR

"When the straits start getting narrow, stop following we will"

:rolleyes:

Regarding Murray, we all want a change - but until theres a viable alternative, and Murray refuses it, there shouldnt be open rebellion.

FFS we could be Champions in 1 and a half months!!!

I could win the lottery tonight (tu)

Listen bud i have been following Rangers since the mid sixties, been through some great times and some piss poor times and all through that time thought Rangers were the most important thing in life. I have brought up my son's the same way but i had to change jobs and as a result had to give up my season ticket as i worked most Saturdays. My sons have still got their season tickets and i go on the odd occasion that i can but the thing i am trying to say is that even if you don't go every week you are always a bear and whether you renew your season ticket or not you will always be a bear as well.