Superb Lafferty

Danny

He really was the difference. His injury was why we lost 2 goals.

Basically he held it up top all the time, and was the catalyst for all that was good in attack in the first half. It stopped our defence being tested at all. AM didn't do a thing in the first half, neither did Lee or Dailly.

Second half saw us being put under the slightest pressure because neither Novo nor Boyd can hold in attack, and that woeful back line couldn't handle it, conceding 2 incredibly sloppy goals.

Kyle's play in the first half hid the frailties, and we'd have comfortably won the game had he stayed on.

After him being such a flop for so long, today showed he might just be our best striker - and damn our luck that when he finally shows form, he gets badly injured.

He really was the difference. His injury was why we lost 2 goals.

Basically he held it up top all the time, and was the catalyst for all that was good in attack in the first half. It stopped our defence being tested at all. AM didn't do a thing in the first half, neither did Lee or Dailly.

Second half saw us being put under the slightest pressure because neither Novo nor Boyd can hold in attack, and that woeful back line couldn't handle it, conceding 2 incredibly sloppy goals.

Kyle's play in the first half hid the frailties, and we'd have comfortably won the game had he stayed on.

After him being such a flop for so long, today showed he might just be our best striker - and damn our luck that when he finally shows form, he gets badly injured.

Totally agree, he was exceptional.

Was an inspiration, his tracking back was first class too.

Was certainly having a good game, best of a bad bunch as far as our strikers are concerned currently.

I wouldn't go as far to say we'd have won the game if he'd not been injured as Wally Smith's negative tactics invited Hearts on and i don't think Lafferty being on would have prevented it.

I'd say it was our schoolboy-esque defence that was why we lost the 2 goals today.

But i agree, Lafferty was the best player on the park before he got hooked. Hope his injury isn't too serious.

I still think Lafferty maybe injury prone because of his style of play and gangly physique but he is the best we have at the moment. btw, Novo should be slated for his miss. He misses more than he puts away and if Miller or Boyd had done that.........

I'd say not taking our chances and school-boy defending, defending that has cost us our last 4 goals as the reason why we drew today.

Novo should have made it 3-0, Hearts go straight up the park and score and then Novo, Boyd (who hid all day) Ferguson, Mendes, Davis, Whittaker....all went into their shell. Hearts equalised and our players didn't know what to do.

Same old pish - same old Rangers.

Some folk are missing the point. I know why we lost - shit defending. But Kyle's play up top was masking that. And we'd have won if he'd remained on the pitch,

Well Done Big Kyle :) :)

How did Boyd play? :anguish:

tbf to Boyd I thought he was lacking no effort - he didn't hide. He just doesn't have ability to do anything other than header or shoot.

Must be close to first pick now, I've always liked his effort but the extra bits of quality are really coming through.

could be a Prso style fans favourite if he keeps it up!

any news on the injury front?

Last i heard was he was up at hospital getting xray - looked to me like a broken bone in foot and he did go up tunnel grimishing in pain.

Guess we will have to wait untill rangers website updates us.... i hope he is okay and its just brusing though. i dont think we can afford to lose him!