Who should be Walter Smith's replacement?

ricksen

When walter came in after plg and managed to steady the ship and then take us to a uefa cup final he showed that he was the right man for the job. But taking into account that under his management we have not won a single league title ,which looks like its going to continue btw, can we honestly say he is good enough for a club like rangers. Come the end of the season we need a new manager and i don't think ally is the answer. We need someone who is going to be working with very limited funds and potentualy have all the big names sold on, therfore we need someone who can sighn a few gems from europe , has a good track record with brining through youth players and get us playing good football. Personaly i think Dave jones of cardif city would be a good choice as he has brought through players like joe ledley and aaron ramsey and took them to the fa cup final aswell. Who do you think would be good for us?

After someone mentioned Van Gaal in the other thread i went looking about and came up with Co Adriaanse. He seems to have done well in his managerial career and plays attacking football. Also does this:

Psycho Co

Adriaanse is famous for his controversial training approach. At Willem II, he once ordered his whole squad to follow him by car, while they drove 13 km away from their training ground. At a remote spot, all players had to give their car keys to Adriaanse. Then he drove back to town, while the squad had to run in front of his car. Back at the training ground, the players got their car keys back. However, since their cars where still parked far from the training ground, they all had to walk back another 13 km.[1] At AZ Alkmaar he once ordered the whole squad to search for Easter eggs during the training. They looked for an hour until Co Adriaanse finally revealed there were no eggs hidden. [2] Adriaanse already had these strange training methods at the start of his career, because when he was a youth trainer at Ajax, he sometimes ordered his players to lay on the ground. Then a teammate (with football boots on) would run over the bodies.[3] Because of all these infamous incidents, Adriaanse is sometimes nicknamed Psycho Co.

Maybe Jan Wouters? He was PSV gaffer for a bit.

At AZ Alkmaar he once ordered the whole squad to search for Easter eggs during the training. They looked for an hour until Co Adriaanse finally revealed there were no eggs hidden.

:lol::lol:

After someone mentioned Van Gaal in the other thread i went looking about and came up with Co Adriaanse. He seems to have done well in his managerial career and plays attacking football. Also does this:

Psycho Co

Adriaanse is famous for his controversial training approach. At Willem II, he once ordered his whole squad to follow him by car, while they drove 13 km away from their training ground. At a remote spot, all players had to give their car keys to Adriaanse. Then he drove back to town, while the squad had to run in front of his car. Back at the training ground, the players got their car keys back. However, since their cars where still parked far from the training ground, they all had to walk back another 13 km.[1] At AZ Alkmaar he once ordered the whole squad to search for Easter eggs during the training. They looked for an hour until Co Adriaanse finally revealed there were no eggs hidden. [2] Adriaanse already had these strange training methods at the start of his career, because when he was a youth trainer at Ajax, he sometimes ordered his players to lay on the ground. Then a teammate (with football boots on) would run over the bodies.[3] Because of all these infamous incidents, Adriaanse is sometimes nicknamed Psycho Co.

If you ever need proof of just how useless a manager Jan Wouters is then get a hold of the Ajax documentary that follows his downfall at the club.

Oh, and he was also the man behind bringing Dragan Mladenovic to Rangers.

how long before Levin is touted :anguish: :anguish:

Sadly, VERY sadly i think Levein is a stick on

When fans of Levein put their case for him forward it always bemuses me how they paint him out as this overlord of the Scottish game, yet the fact remains that he's one absolutely fuck all in his time managing here. Zilch, nada, zero.

We don't have the financial clout to attract a european manager of any standard I imagine.

It will have to be someone with a proven record of working well with a tight budget and that person probably will be Levein.

I wouldn't say i'd be dissapointed though - I like to see a scot at the helm at Ibrox but european managers certainly play a more pleasing on the eye style of football.

If you ever need proof of just how useless a manager Jan Wouters is then get a hold of the Ajax documentary that follows his downfall at the club.

Oh, and he was also the man behind bringing Dragan Mladenovic to Rangers.

I can say with absolute honesty Dragan was the worst footballer i have ever seen anywhere near the top level, i thought we had signed Hen Broon.

McCoist to the end of the season

Steve Coppel after that al we can afford

I think the key to all our problems just now is money ( lack off ), as for a manager forget big names we have little funds so shoot me down what about big Butcher he would whip them into shape.

It has to be Roberto Martinez from Swansea.

Worked well on a pittance. Managed to get Swansea of all clubs playing good, possession football. Good contacts in Spain. He's a manager that's destined for big things which is why we need to get in there NOW. If we approached him no way he would knock us back.

A Butcher, Levein, McCoist type appointment is NOT the solution.

Its going to be mccoist! I thought everyone would have known that by now, we dont have the money to bring in a big name manager

Sorry but that's no excuse.

At any club the manager is the most important investment you can make. It's like a chef in a restaurant. If you have a good chef he will maximise the ingredients (players) he has to work with and he will be a success. Bad chef = bad food, good chef = good food.

A football manager's the same. It's the one position at a club it would be folly to scimp on because a good manager is an investment that will pay for itself. Because he will improve the players he inherits, he will sign bargains in the transfer market, he will blood youth and he will get results given time and support.

A bad manager. Well he'll pretty much do what Walter has done. Spend a shit ton of money to create an unbalanced squad that plays unsuccessful, dark age football.

If we're punting half our squad this summer, you use that money to bring in a new manager.

I'm not asking for a ridiculous Mourinho type appointment which will never happen. I mean a Roberto Martinez, a Eric Gerets (who is leaving Marseille this summer), a Ralf Rangnick. Someone of that ilk who is talented and yet realistic.

Would Martinez really be on bigger wages than McCoist?