Who can step up to the mark?

BILLYSNOVO

Now before i start i will make one thing clear.

I am 100% behind Walter and i am positive that he CAN deliver the title this season!.

now as there has been quite a few threads on this matter i will bore the hell out you with mine.

Walter i suspect after the critism that he has received over the last few months will move on in the summer,ally mccoist? i love him and he does have a place within the coaching staff at our club but manager??? no way for the following reasons...

A)far too inexperienced.

B)too emotionally attatched to our club.

C)he has only worked under (in his coaching career) and much of his playing walter smith.

Many names have been branded around but a number of problems regarding such appointments are there for all to see.

Rangers FC Job Description.(revised)

*Must have vast experience

*Must have the 'ability to coach' existing squad players many of whom have 'limited ability'.

*Must be able to work with a very limited budget.

*Previous success is prefered.

*Must have the knowledge and know how to take advantage of 1st class training facilities/academy to identify and develop a successful youth policy.

*Must have the baws to 'do it his way' and stamp authority on his squad from the word go.

now from above i can only se one person whom could tick all those boxes whom i reckon we could genuinely attract.

step forward MR LOUIS VAN GAAL.

honours:

1 x Champions League: 1994-95 (with Ajax)

1 x Intercontinental Cup: 1995-96 (with Ajax)

1 x UEFA Cup: 1991-92 (with Ajax)

2 x UEFA Super Cup: 1995-96 (with Ajax), 1997-98 (with Barcelona)

3 x Dutch Eredivisie: 1993-94, 1994-95, 1995-96, (with Ajax) plus in 2003-04 (as Technical Director)

1 x KNVB Cup: 1992-93 (with Ajax)

3 x Johan Cruijff Shield: 1993-94, 1994-95, 1995-96 (with Ajax)

2 x Spanish League: 1997-98, 1998-99 (with Barcelona)

1 x Copa del Rey: 1997-98 (with Barcelona)

1 x Rinus Michels Award (2007).

an experienced player,internationalist,coach,manager and technical director.

a man whom has developed players from youth level to becoming 'world class' stars.

Louis van Gaal initially announced he would leave AZ at the end of the 2007/2008 season due to disappointing results.[1] However, when several players of the AZ squad pointed out that they would like Van Gaal to stay with AZ for the 2008-2009 season, van Gaal said he would give the players a chance to prove themselves. He will now officially stay with AZ for the season next year, with a contract expiring in 2010 however he has a clause within his contract allowing him to talk with interested clubs in the summer.

WORKING ON A LIMITED BUDGET?

Well take a look at his signings this season:Swerts (Vitesse) FREE,Klavan (heracles) £300K,Luyckx(Excelsior) £450K,Van der Velden (Dordrecht) £400k,Holland(newcastle jets) £350K,Gudmundsson(Kopavogur) £400K,Jonathas (cruzeiro)FREE,Lens (Nijmegen)FREE,Holman (Nijmegen)£3.5M,Moisander (Zwolle) £600K

TOTAL SPEND THIS SEASON:£5.7M (10 PLAYERS)

RECORD SIGNING AND ABILITY TO PROFIT FROM DEVELOPMENT:

Ariclenes da Silva Ferreira (born 11 December 1985), more commonly known as Ari, (pronounced [A'RI) is a Brazilian striker who plays for AZ Alkmaar in the Eredivisie. He recently signed from Allsvenskan team Kalmar FF for a reported £3.4 million (€5 million). He was the top scorer in the Allsvenskan 2006 with 15 goals, one more than compatriot Afonso Alves had scored the previous season. Ari has been capped for Brazil u20 and has trained with the full Brazilian squad.A number of clubs including Sevilla have been linked with a 12m euros move in the summer.

Has managed this season to all but secure AZ'S first championship since 1981 on a very tight budget

This is the man to take our club forward.

It's not going to happen.

Plus, I believe it was Murray who said after PLG, that he would never sign another foreign manager. I'm afraid it's the Craig Leveins of this world we have to look forward to.