Ally McCoist....

kingbarry

He is likely to be the next manager come end of this season. Personally, hes worse than smith.

It was him in charge at the cup game, and his decisions were attrocious. We all know he controls the cups games, Walter is trying to prepare him for management, and personally, if hes learned from Walter, it cant be a good thing.

I honestly think we need a Benitez, Wenger type manager, someone with an eye for talent outwith Scotland, because there isnt much there.

We cant consistently play dailly and mcculoch, its costing us.

Look at liverpool, the paid 2million for the likes of Ngog, and we are paying 2.3 million for players like Edu, who has the ability, yet he doesnt get a sniff?

He is likely to be the next manager come end of this season. Personally, hes worse than smith.

It was him in charge at the cup game, and his decisions were attrocious. We all know he controls the cups games, Walter is trying to prepare him for management, and personally, if hes learned from Walter, it cant be a good thing.

I honestly think we need a Benitez, Wenger type manager, someone with an eye for talent outwith Scotland, because there isnt much there.

Look at liverpool, the paid 2million for the likes of Ngog, and we are paying 2.3 million for players like Edu, who has the ability, yet he doesnt get a sniff?

McCoist wasn't in charge for the cup final as smith took over the reigns again because it was sellick and was his first ever old firm final.

McCoist wasn't in charge for the cup final as smith took over the reigns again because it was sellick and was his first ever old firm final.

I dont know about that, Walter was in the stands, as Ally was on the sidelines giving orders.

Regardless, Ally is clearly the easy way out, but its not the best way out of this shite for the club. SDM really has to sit and think, what is the best path for this club?

Is it Ally and co? Or is it someone else

Fair enough, Ally is a Rangers legend, and scored over 300 goals Wally done 9 in a row, but thats the past, we cant dwell on it.

We cant consistently play dailly and mcculoch, its costing us. - Played Dailly about twice this season!, and, not in any of McCoists cup games

1 - There are things he can pick up from Smith that are very good things. He could also learn from other managers (who says he hasnt?), and, do things his own way, which in all reality IS what he would do. People like yourself are far too quick in saying, because he works under Smith, he will be shit. Smith was different to Souness, just as McCoist will be from Smith. You also forget, he will be eager to stamp his name on the game, and, make a reputation for himself, just as Souness was. For all we know, he could be the second coming of Jose! Nobody knows just yet, because, he ISNT a manager yet.

2 - he doesnt have this because? he didnt cover the World Cup/Champions league for a fair while, at the same time mixing with some respected experts in the game?

3 - So, because Edu hasnt plaed much UNDER SMITH, McCoist isnt the answer? Also, you are saying there that Edu actually HAS the ability, so, therefore has to have been a good signing.

Nope its true Wally took control at the cup final. Why do you think the tactics went arse up. I would rather give Ally the chance for the remainder of the season. We have no chance of winning the league under Smith.

I dont know about that, Walter was in the stands, as Ally was on the sidelines giving orders.

Regardless, Ally is clearly the easy way out, but its not the best way out of this shite for the club. SDM really has to sit and think, what is the best path for this club?

Is it Ally and co? Or is it someone else

Fair enough, Ally is a Rangers legend, and scored over 300 goals Wally done 9 in a row, but thats the past, we cant dwell on it.

Its like that at all games . (tu)

i think it depends if we win the league to be honest...if we dont win the league this season then surely the whole management team has to go....as ally and walter have said in countless interviews they are all involved in picking the team and tactics etc.

also, can we actually afford to appoint a new gaffer....pains me to say it but management changes cost cash and by the look of the books its money we cant afford.

if we win the league it makes it a bit easier cash wise with entry to the champions league but its harder to get rid of a winning manager (assuming smith doesnt want to go).

im sure he will step down though regardless of what happens

Smith was in charge not McCoist, Smith sits in the sidelines for every game mate.

I also heard that Ally and Kenny have not been happy with some of Walter selections and made it known to him but have both had to just bite their tounge and get on with it.

If Ally came in just now and said that he'd ditch the deadwood, blood more youngsters and play some nice football on the deck, I'd be more than willing to give him the chance in all honesty.

Although I doubt that would happen, I can see that's the type of game Coisty has in mind. I still expect Smith to go in the summer and I can see a pretty good manager being brought in though, so who knows.

If we're to assume that McCoist had total control for the Scottish Cup games this season (not convinced he did, though) then I'd probably rather have him managing us at the moment than Smith. It's almost certainly not as black and white as league game Smith, cup game McCoist though.

I agree.

There's a lot of fuzzy ground in between the two, I wish they'd just tell us.

i'd like to see coisty getting a chance, think he would definetly opt for wingers in the team as he certainly knows how goals can be provided from that area, something we have lacked all season under smith.

I dont think it would be a dissaster if McCoist became manager next season. I think he will be his own man and I dont think Walter guidance will have too much influence on his dicisions. We have looked a more attacking team under McCoist in the cups (Except final where he wasnt in charge) As long as walter is not in charge next season I wont have too many complaints.

How can you say he is worse than Smith when he hasnt even been a No1 unless you count the cup games. The man is getting undeserved criticism before the job has even been offered to him.

If you want to take the view of cup games, look at the success he has had there. I know it comes with less pressure than the SPL but everytime he has selected team he freshens it up, not the predictable team Smith puts out.

My patience has just about ran out with Smith at the helm and im not sayin Mccoist is necessarily the answer but cut the boy at bit of slack christ!