Are we witnessing the greatest player ever just now?

CF5LOYAL

He is head and shoulders above any attacking player in the world. He makes things look so effortless and easy. There is no needless backheels, stupid stepovers who don't beat anybody. It is just sheer natural ability and it seems there is nobody who can stop him.

Imo, if he stays injury free, we will have been the best ever player to have played the beautiful game. He is just brilliant.

It seems to be a general thought, that the players of past generations are better than players of this generation.

However, if Messi stays injury free and keeps growing at this rate he'll be the best player ever for me.

It's scary to think that he should still technically be in Argentina's U21 squad. I'm really not sure how much better he can possibly get!

It's scary to think that he should still technically be in Argentina's U21 squad. I'm really not sure how much better he can possibly get!

That is the frightening prospect, players usually peak between 25-30. When he gets more experienced and his decision making becomes better he will be unplayable.

I have never seen someone who seems to be able to run faster with the ball than he does without.