Injuries to our players ?

paisley1967

Been thinking about this for a lot of years now.You could probably go back to the MacLeish era why

do we have as much injuries and why are they so long term. Could it be the training method or the medical

staff or could it be Murry park or could it be watering the park before every game at Ibrox. It must be something because

we must have a much bigger % of long term injuries than all the other teams in the league.

I mentioned in a post about Lafferty that our physio has sent Naismith back on the field with a cruciate injury. Sent Novo back on the field when even he was signalling he was in trouble and we lost him for 6 weeks.Sent Lafferty back on the field when it was obvious he had a huge problem moving and now he will probably miss the rest of the season due to further aggravation.

Players who leave the club are seen to be leaner and fitter after a few weeks with other clubs; Ross McCormack is one example and it is reported that Charlie Adam looks like a sportsman now. When I see Boyd and recently Naismith looking so overweight, sluggish it makes me wonder about our training and medical team.

Been thinking about this for a lot of years now.You could probably go back to the MacLeish era why

do we have as much injuries and why are they so long term. Could it be the training method or the medical

staff or could it be Murry park or could it be watering the park before every game at Ibrox. It must be something because

we must have a much bigger % of long term injuries than all the other teams in the league.

Goes back much much further than that mate, in fact it goes back to Souness's time.

I think the knee jinx started with Ian Durrant, Oleg Kutznetzov, Seb Rozental, The Goallie, Alan McLaren, Scott Nisbett, Jonas Thern, Mikey Mols, now we have Steven Naismith and Kevin Thomson, and we even had players who were injured when we signed them like Daniel Prodan(remember him?), Michael Ball.

Thats just the ones off the top of my head, I'm sure there must be others so don't think it's just a recent phenomenon.

:anguish:

i remember that big DJ (of all people i know) brought up the fact that the rangers team didnt even warm up properly before games

they were doing their stretching first without getting the blood flowing by sprinting, so the stretching wasnt really working as good as it should have been

this was during advocaat's reign as well

Talking about injury's, heard on Clyde 1 tonight Barry was getting a chest X-Ray tonight. What were they looking for. Trying to find his heart? Because it certainly doesn't seem like its in it any more.

well most of our long term injuries have happened to old players,lets face it,we're no stranger to the older players. Darchville, Prso, Klos, Weir, Dailly, McCulloch, all injury prone players and all rather old. Yes we have a higher % injury rate over the last few years,but at the same time,if you researched our average starting 11 age over the last few years you will probably find its the oldest in the SPL.

well most of our long term injuries have happened to old players,lets face it,we're no stranger to the older players. Darchville, Prso, Klos, Weir, Dailly, McCulloch, all injury prone players and all rather old. Yes we have a higher % injury rate over the last few years,but at the same time,if you researched our average starting 11 age over the last few years you will probably find its the oldest in the SPL.

Lafferty, Naismith, Burke, Hutton, Thomson, etc. Hardly old.

i remember that big DJ (of all people i know) brought up the fact that the rangers team didnt even warm up properly before games

they were doing their stretching first without getting the blood flowing by sprinting, so the stretching wasnt really working as good as it should have been

this was during advocaat's reign as well

The whole point in stretching is to stop stretches during sprints etc

Another contender within the week :craphead:

I reckon its just too relaxed at MP, there seems to be no discipline at all.

Lafferty, Naismith, Burke, Hutton, Thomson, etc. Hardly old.

Thomson and Naismith were unfortunate accidents. They can happen to any player and are in no way a reflection of the medical staff

All im saying is that if you took out the older players injuries we would be no different from any other spl team. All teams have injuries throughout the season,its inevitable and theres no way to avoid it happening.