Murray will play at Queen's Club

British number one Andy Murray has confirmed he will play in the AEGON Championships at Queen's Club in June.

The Scot, 21, will appear at the renamed event for the fourth time in his career, having claimed his first ATP win there in 2005.

Last year, Murray withdrew ahead of his quarter-final clash with Andy Roddick because of a thumb injury.

"Grass is a good surface for me and obviously it would mean a lot to me to win a tournament at home," said Murray.

"All the guys that have played well at Queen's tend to have gone on to do well at Wimbledon so it's a good marker to see where your game is at.

"The tournament has got an unbelievable history and all the guys use it as pretty much the perfect preparation for Wimbledon. I think this year I've got a good chance of doing well."

Meanwhile, Murray has been drawn in the same half as top seed Rafael Nadal for the forthcoming Sony Ericsson Open in Miami, which gets under way this week.

The Scot has a bye in round one as the fourth seed and will then face Marc Gicquel or Juan Monaco, with the seedings suggesting Mardy Fish, David Nalbandian and Fernando Verdasco will block his path to a semi-final against Nadal.

And Murray paid a glowing tribute to the world number one after losing 6-1 6-2 to the Spaniard in Sunday's Indian Wells final.

"When I played him in the past, he's always been incredibly tough, but the thing I felt when I played him was you have a chance to play," Murray told the New York Times.

"He moves around so well and he has improved his game by using more slice, coming to the net better, and his backhand is better. He's doing everything better."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7959937.stm