I recommend the Roberts and McMinn autobiographies

Tontospal

I have just read the autobiographies of Roberts and McMinn.

It brought back some wonderful memories of a fantastic period to be a Rangers supporter.

I could recall moments and games that they discussed as if they were yesterday. Favourites being McMinn scoring from a corner at Dumbarton. His first goal for Rangers and the longest after goal celebration I have ever witnessed.

And in Roberts case the 40 yard goal v Motherwell, which IMO is the best goal I have ever seen a Ranger score.

I am so glad that I grew up and experienced supporting Rangers in the 80s and 90s. I feel for the younger generation who missed out on those 'good old days' and I am puzzled at the older ones who have supported, and continue to condone, the slow death of our once great club on and off the pitch.

It was a strange feeling reading about a time when Rangers meant everything to me at a time when I feel nothing but anger and negativity towards those tasked with delivering success, but failing miserably, on and off the park.

McMinn and Roberts may not have grown up as Rangers fans but it is clear they were committed to the club as much as any other Ranger and it saddens me that the mdern Rangers players do not appear to be as passionate or committed to the club.

Poignant to read of Cooper teaching Roberts all about Rangers and the fact that Robbo wanted to win the title for Cooper as much as for himself and the club given the gap between Cooper winning the title under Wallace and then Souness.

Also confirmed that Cooper was not only one of the most talented to play for Rangers but that he was also a fantastic and loyal servant to the club when he could have played for any team in Europe.

Poignant to read of Cooper teaching Roberts all about Rangers and the fact that Robbo wanted to win the title for Cooper as much as for himself and the club given the gap between Cooper winning the title under Wallace and then Souness.

Also confirmed that Cooper was not only one of the most talented to play for Rangers but that he was also a fantastic and loyal servant to the club when he could have played for any team in Europe.

(tu) Sounds a brilliant read mate.